Tokyo 2020 Olympics/Paralympics

I disagree about cricket - it would be big in India/Pakistan, but wouldn't make much of a dent anywhere else - the US wouldn't care, South America would mostly not care, China/Japan wouldn't care. Aus/UK would just view it as another version, and it takes too long for ease of broadcasting.

Cricket has a big team from every continent other than South America.

Baseball, softball etc don't have that sort of worldwide appeal and they're in the Olympics.

The games are only like 3 hours long as well but you might have a point there. I'm struggling to think of any other sports in the Olympics that take that long with multiple events.

If the compromise is T10 cricket then I would rather it not be in the Olympics, as that is just terrible to be honest.

Cricket has a big team from every continent other than South America.

Baseball, softball etc don't have that sort of worldwide appeal and they're in the Olympics.

The games are only like 3 hours long as well but you might have a point there. I'm struggling to think of any other sports in the Olympics that take that long with multiple events.

If the compromise is T10 cricket then I would rather it not be in the Olympics, as that is just terrible to be honest.

I wouldn't have either baseball or softball in either - basically Mexico, US, Canada, Japan, S Korea.

Softball comes and goes, but is huge in Japan so it gets in this time - I doubt it will last long before it's dropped again.

Even the shortest form of cricket takes way too long to finish and is too vulnerable to the weather. I suspect that's the main reason why it's not in the olympics

Mixed relay triathlon just beginning like our chances in this one, our chosen four finished 2nd, 2nd, 5th and 7th in their respective races, has to be ours to lose.

I'll have the daily schedule up soon.

Even the shortest form of cricket takes way too long to finish and is too vulnerable to the weather. I suspect that's the main reason why it's not in the olympics

I'd wondered about the weather factor too.
It also occurs to me that there won't be pitches in most places, and certainly not enough to host multiple matches.

Would be interested to know what % of their training time triathletes spend perfecting their changeovers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.