Tom Cruise gets dumped

des hardi said:
i watched the extras on the born on the 4th of july dvd. i remember in a doc` he said he was controlled by a strict father which left long term effects on his character.

he is weird and i just don t like him.

That along with what JMW was saying is more what I was trying to get at I think, when people are made to feel insecure (for whatever reason) and want to be accepted they often look at ways to meet the approval of as many people as possible and as a result 'collect' (for want of a better phase) things they deem as positive characteristics along the way, characteristics they feel would help them achieve that approval, often losing the real you in the process, maybe that is what has happened with Tom Cruise ?

Damocles said:
I genuinely dislike the man; every fibre of my being looks at him and cries out "something about this man is wrong".

I don't know what it is about him but he's creepy. Like he's not a real person but is a person pretending to be a person.

It's his eyes. Behind all of that expensive dental work, the well trained media handling, the pre-scripted "quips" he does on talk shows, his eyes are dead. He looks soulless, like there's no joy or compassion or anything good emanating from him. He's unnatural, an abomination of a person.

Christian Bale based his character in American Psycho on Tom Cruise.

EDIT: Look at what I mean. Look at his face, then concentrate on his eyes:

RQW3w.png

Totally agree with you. On his Scientology vid on youtube he looks like he is possessed. He's freaky. There's something so weird about him.

Damocles said:
Dirty Harry said:
Or Steven 'Seagull' ?

I don't really get 'the hate' either tbh, yes he's a fuckin Oddball but so what, I'd have no mates if I fucked all the Oddballs off, you can be my friend if you want Tom :-)

No, I don't mean he's an oddball.

I don't think I'm explaining myself very well as the feeling he puts across is almost an animalistic instinct.

Do you ever have that feeling when you look at a situation and something doesn't quite feel correct and you aren't sure why? Like there's an elephant in the room that you can't quite put your finger on?

It's something like that. It's a bad example.

I'm not joking, but his interviews (including the Top Gear one) make me the tiniest bit uncomfortable for some reason.

Uncomfortable cos you have a 'thang' for him maybe....? ;-)

i don't think many know the real him, he's always playing a role, even in interviews

the previous post about losing something of himself is a reasonable assumption to make of cruise, those who know him say he is obsessive about his characters, staying in character for weeks/months - this was true in born on the 4th of july when apparently he spent months in a wheelchair preparing for the role

when you add in the bit about his dad its not unreasonable to assume this obsession is not so much about wanting to understand the character but escape from who he is

throw in his total submission to a controlling religion and the picture is of a deeply troubled man, who has probably lost all touch with who he is, add in the protected world in which he lives and you can assume he only has a slight grasp of reality too

but he's multi-millionaire right - boo hoo

psychology amateur hour over!

It is alleged he proposed to Scarlett Johanssen. The story as I have heard is that he, through their agents, invited her to dinner at his place. Proposed, then stood up and opened a door to a reveal a room filled with Sientologist types that had been there silently throughout their dinner.

This freaked her the fuck out. And he proposed to her, FFS! She declined.

Then he went for Katie Holmes.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:27 am --<br /><br />
City Raider said:
i don't think many know the real him, he's always playing a role, even in interviews

the previous post about losing something of himself is a reasonable assumption to make of cruise, those who know him say he is obsessive about his characters, staying in character for weeks/months - this was true in born on the 4th of july when apparently he spent months in a wheelchair preparing for the role

when you add in the bit about his dad its not unreasonable to assume this obsession is not so much about wanting to understand the character but escape from who he is

throw in his total submission to a controlling religion and the picture is of a deeply troubled man, who has probably lost all touch with who he is, add in the protected world in which he lives and you can assume he only has a slight grasp of reality too

He is also well known to be a closeted homosexual who deludes himself into believing that being suck by a guy isn't gay if you don't climax from it. I guess the wife gets to be the receptacle in which he finishes off.

Absolutely brilliant in Tropical Thunder though.

prairiemoon said:
It is alleged he proposed to Scarlett Johanssen. The story as I have heard is that he, through their agents, invited her to dinner at his place. Proposed, then stood up and opened a door to a reveal a room filled with Sientologist types that had been there silently throughout their dinner.

This freaked her the fuck out. And he proposed to her, FFS! She declined.

Then he went for Katie Holmes.

-- Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:27 am --

City Raider said:

He is also well known to be a closeted homosexual who deludes himself into believing that being suck by a guy isn't gay if you don't climax from it. I guess the wife gets to be the receptacle in which he finishes off.

Absolutely brilliant in Tropical Thunder though.

why, if he even is, should he have to hide it because society is so pathetic that it'd ruin his career in the process?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.