Tommy Docherty RIP

Sad for his family..he lived not far from me and one of his locals was mine , my sister was his next door neighbour for quite a while not a few doors down but actually his next door neighbour, I’ve been in his company a few occasions he played to the audience he was good at that and made a living from it .
Anyone who shags his mates mrs is unforgivable
Don’t kid yourself’s he had no time for us that was a fact !! As I said he played up to the audience and that time was Piccadilly radio.
Never forget him and Brian Clark in the greymare , totally sickening the way they destroyed our club that night never ever . I’ll take the emotion out of it there’s plenty more I could add but out of respect I’ll refrain for the time being.
Well done you said everything I thought about him like you correctly said leave it there out of respect

RIP, can see loads of references to Piccadilly Radio he was brilliant on that, I remember him being the first to recognise how good Oldham were he saw it and called it a good year before they took off.

He also thought our youth cup team were brilliant always regretted he didn’t come and manage us whilst the Redmonds Hinchcliffes Whites Lakes were emerging, he’d have made us the best team in Europe and the Fergie story would never have happened he’d have loved that

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned already but he got my respect after the “mis understanding” he had with us Blues on the train back from London and chose not to press any charges.

my mate played for Alty when he managed them he tells a story of the first training session one night and he was late, suddenly appears on the pitch in Dinner Suite white silk scarf etc. Walks across to the team asks who they are playing on Saturday, and tells them if they play like Argentina they’ll have no problems, then fucks off to his function

Last edited:
Remember Derby away first game of the season boiling hot day,approx 5,000 plus City fans singing who’s up Mary Brown to the then Derby manager Tommy Doc
I remember the game at Derby but I put it at 76/77 when he was at the swamp R I S tommy hope you enjoyed the last 9 years of our Achievements

I remember the game at Derby but I put it at 76/77 when he was at the swamp R I P tommy hope you enjoyed the last 9 years of our Achievements
Couldn't have been at the swamp as he got sacked once news of the affair got out didnt he?

I do recall being at Wolves when he was manager and we sang the Mary Brown song to him.
Brilliantly he got up from the bench, walked a few yards towards us and waving his hands / finger made out as if he was leading the orchestra!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.