Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

Matt Smith is more of a traditional #6 than Doyle, but then the chances of us having 3 Academy players in the first team squad in a few years are practically nil.

Would be nice, but as you say just seems completely impossible especially given our track record.

Would be nice, but as you say just seems completely impossible especially given our track record.
Except for the fact that we have 2 at the moment you mean? Yes, Diaz hasn't played very much at all but he's still part of the 1st team squad.

Except for the fact that we have 2 at the moment you mean? Yes, Diaz hasn't played very much at all but he's still part of the 1st team squad.

He trains with the first team, gets an occasional league cup substitute appearance, and is in all likelihood leaving as soon as he can to go somewhere he can play. Neither him nor Foden have ever started a league game despite officially being part of the first team squad for 18 months now. If that's what you want from the academy, good for you I guess.

He trains with the first team, gets an occasional league cup substitute appearance, and is in all likelihood leaving as soon as he can to go somewhere he can play. Neither him nor Foden have ever started a league game despite officially being part of the first team squad for 18 months now. If that's what you want from the academy, good for you I guess.
No, you're right. We should either promote all of the U23's and start the next game with them all or just fuck the academy off entirely, it's not like there's a middle ground or that the club actually know something about developing players is it?

that the club actually know something about developing players is it?

Well...no academy players have become important members of the side since Daniel Sturridge in 2008. It doesn't look to anyone like they know something about developing players.

They only officially got promoted to the first team squad this summer.

Well...no academy players have become important members of the side since Daniel Sturridge in 2008. It doesn't look to anyone like they know something about developing players.

Obviously the club know fuck all, I've no idea where these 'mirror' figures come from, but our academy is, and always has been, a revenue stream first and foremost.

I genuinely hope Tommy Doyle (this thread is about him, not Diaz or Foden) makes it, but there never are any guarantees for any of them, but our academy is doing something very well if these figures aren't just a work of fiction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.