Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

Sheffield United season ticket holder offering feedback so far.

Doyle
Another one with a good reputation and had a fairly successful spell at Cardiff in the Championship last season.
He made his debut last night and was really good. More of an engine room type midfielder, works hard, good tackler, good temperament (no rash challenges) but what made him stand out was his constant running into space demanding the ball. Then he'd play a simple short pass to feet. A really effective player and we've already commented he plays in a similar style to John Fleck but Doyle is slightly better, based on last night.

Fleck has just acquired an injury (bone fracture) and will be out for 6 weeks, so we expect Doyle to take his place and be a regular for the next 6 weeks. Looks a really effective and consistent player. Plays with maturity and does the simple stuff really well.

Many Blades are saying he's only young and can only improve.
So if we gain promotion (which based on recent home matches looks likely) then it seems obvious to try and sign him.

McAtee has more flare but suspect he'll not be as consistent.
He was shockingly bad on his debut last week against Luton, struggled to even take a decent corner
but tonight McAtee came on for the last 15 minutes whilst we were 3-0 up and he looked very good, comfortable and confident.

Doyle
Another one with a good reputation and had a fairly successful spell at Cardiff in the Championship last season.
He made his debut last night and was really good. More of an engine room type midfielder, works hard, good tackler, good temperament (no rash challenges) but what made him stand out was his constant running into space demanding the ball. Then he'd play a simple short pass to feet. A really effective player and we've already commented he plays in a similar style to John Fleck but Doyle is slightly better, based on last night.

Fleck has just acquired an injury (bone fracture) and will be out for 6 weeks, so we expect Doyle to take his place and be a regular for the next 6 weeks. Looks a really effective and consistent player. Plays with maturity and does the simple stuff really well.

So if we gain promotion (which based on recent home matches looks likely) then it seems obvious to try and sign him.

He was shockingly bad on his debut last week against Luton, struggled to even take a decent corner
but tonight McAtee came on for the last 15 minutes whilst we were 3-0 up and he looked very good, comfortable and confident.
Welcome to Blue Moon and thanks for taking the time for the 2 updates. Good luck for the season

Welcome to Blue Moon and thanks for taking the time for the 2 updates. Good luck for the season

Thanks I'll keep providing bits of feedback on both players through out the season.

Looks like Doyle is a "ready made" instant above average Championship player, think he'll start quite a lot of games and become a regular.

where as with McAtee it's more about potential. He'll probably be inconsistent and might be having an average game then produce a bit of magic from nothing. So up to Xmas expect him to be regularly subbed on and subbed off.

Thanks I'll keep providing bits of feedback on both players through out the season.

Looks like Doyle is a "ready made" instant above average Championship player, think he'll start quite a lot of games and become a regular.

where as with McAtee it's more about potential. He'll probably be inconsistent and might be having an average game then produce a bit of magic from nothing. So up to Xmas expect him to be regularly subbed on and subbed off.
Thanks. Much appreciated.
I'm sure you know about Doyle's family history with City - all of us want him to come back and be a success with us although many agree with your assessment of above average championship player

Doyle

Doyle made his debut in the previous game,replacing McAtee for the 2nd half.
Many of us commented on what a great debut it was,and hence why he got the deserved start last night.

Your presence is welcome though,and will be useful for the games us Blues who take a strong interest in our EDS lads dont get to watch.

Thanks @blade01 for your updates on both loanees. I think that some posters here have judged your team's style of play a bit unfairly. I have certainly seen them playing out from the back which should suit our two lads.

Please keep posting updates - they are more useful than what can be pieced together from brief highlights and the text commentary on the BBC site.

Thanks @blade01 for your updates on both loanees. I think that some posters here have judged your team's style of play a bit unfairly. I have certainly seen them playing out from the back which should suit our two lads.

Please keep posting updates - they are more useful than what can be pieced together from brief highlights and the text commentary on the BBC site.
Get yourself IPTV pal,you can make your own mind up then.

Get yourself IPTV pal,you can make your own mind up then.
Lol - maybe but I sometimes struggle to find time to watch City's first team and EDS matches and am not sure I want to watch 90 minutes of Sheffield United every week.

There are fans of Wednesday, Chelsea, Sunderland, Everton and more who post here so I think a Blades fan who is willing to offer updates about our loan players should be welcomed and encouraged by us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.