Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

For overall minutes on the park he's 11th in the squad (ignoring the goalie), McAtee is 8th. Given the sheer number of games they have to play in the Championship and being a young lad on loan I don't think he's doing badly at all. It's all about man management and taking in his injuries where he's missed games, they're doing right by him.
I’m not saying they’re doing anything wrong or even that he’s doing badly, just that I think Doyle is still suffering from the effects of his ill-fated move to Hamburg. He’ll come good, to be sure, but I think he’ll maybe develop a little more slowly than might have been anticipated and hoped.

I’m not saying they’re doing anything wrong or even that he’s doing badly, just that I think Doyle is still suffering from the effects of his ill-fated move to Hamburg. He’ll come good, to be sure, but I think he’ll maybe develop a little more slowly than might have been anticipated and hoped.
If that’s the case then sadly, Tommy himself has to shoulder some of the blame, given the way he and his agent agitated for that particular move against City’s wishes

If that’s the case then sadly, Tommy himself has to shoulder some of the blame, given the way he and his agent agitated for that particular move against City’s wishes
Don’t disagree. Always think that if a player is to make it in the engine room in England, they need to build the stamina to do so and to develop physically as well. Had he gone to Huddersfield in the summer of 2021, as the club advised, then I suspect he would have been further along In his development.

I think Vinny could do wonders with Doyle and McAtee at Burnley next season. They’d be used to having a lot more of the ball for a start which plays to both their strengths.

I think Vinny could do wonders with Doyle and McAtee at Burnley next season. They’d be used to having a lot more of the ball for a start which plays to both their strengths.
If/when Burnley get promoted, how many loans players can they get from a fellow Premier League team ?
Think that Doyle will struggle to make it at a Top 4 Premier League team (which hopefully, City will continue to be). His set-pieces were of a high level, but he didn't pull up trees at Cardiff City.
However, McAtee seems to be able to play a no. 10 role at Sheffield United, which is a more difficult position to fill.
Think McAtee could make it as Premier League player (not certain it will be at City though)...

If/when Burnley get promoted, how many loans players can they get from a fellow Premier League team ?
Think that Doyle will struggle to make it at a Top 4 Premier League team (which hopefully, City will continue to be). His set-pieces were of a high level, but he didn't pull up trees at Cardiff City.
However, McAtee seems to be able to play a no. 10 role at Sheffield United, which is a more difficult position to fill.
Think McAtee could make it as Premier League player (not certain it will be at City though)...
Sale with sell on & buy back options on both would suit all parties I'd have thought. That said I have no idea of their competition at Burnley.

Doesn’t sound like he’s been playing particularly well recently -

‘Doyle is the real disappointment. He is supposed to be our more orthodox central midfield player. There to break things up, move things on. Until he scored, it was hard to see that he was playing. After he scored, he disappeared again.
The lad needs an absolute rocket. If there's a player in there, he needs to start showing it quickly.’

‘The drop off from Doyle has been incredible. He's gone from a solid all round Champ midfielder to a passenger. Maybe it's the injuries’

‘Other than his debut, I've never really rated Doyle. I know I'm in a bit of a minority on it, but I'd expected a lot more from him.
I'm not entirely sure what he offers in an area where we are desperate for someone to offer something.
The fact I'm not sure whether he's any better than Osborn, Fleck or Coulibaly .. 32 games in, says a lot.’

All from https://www.s24su.com/forum/forums/general-blades-chat.5/

Doesn’t sound like he’s been playing particularly well recently -

‘Doyle is the real disappointment. He is supposed to be our more orthodox central midfield player. There to break things up, move things on. Until he scored, it was hard to see that he was playing. After he scored, he disappeared again.
The lad needs an absolute rocket. If there's a player in there, he needs to start showing it quickly.’

‘The drop off from Doyle has been incredible. He's gone from a solid all round Champ midfielder to a passenger. Maybe it's the injuries’

‘Other than his debut, I've never really rated Doyle. I know I'm in a bit of a minority on it, but I'd expected a lot more from him.
I'm not entirely sure what he offers in an area where we are desperate for someone to offer something.
The fact I'm not sure whether he's any better than Osborn, Fleck or Coulibaly .. 32 games in, says a lot.’

All from https://www.s24su.com/forum/forums/general-blades-chat.5/
He has had a series of injuries so I think he is being judged harshly there. The Blades have only taken 7 points from the last 15 whereas Middlesborough have won their last five games and are now just four points behind (Sheffield have a game in hand) so I think there is an element of frustration to the complaints above.

Hopefully Tommy can stay fit, play well and let's see what they are saying about him at the end of March.

The Blades play Spurs in the FA Cup on 1st March so it will be interesting to see how our lads do against them if selected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.