Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

Tommy made his return from the bench last night,replacing McAtee for the last 15 mins or so.

Got to say....he looks very comfortable at this level,his intelligence,vision and positioning are a cut above.He looks a fair bit stronger than when he left us too.

Regardless of his ceiling I've felt he was at championship level for the last 2 and half years, we did him wrong not loaning him out a lot sooner to even a struggling side to physically make him. Hamburg fucked him over bigtime but the championship is a level above Bundesliga2, he's looked very comfortable at Cardiff and the blades while growing during both loans, he's defo improved positionally I'd say that was probably his big weakness centrally, he'll improve a lot there with experience and eventually he'll be an all round gem with a great delivery.

He's probably gonna be too late to break in for us sadly but anyone who doubted his quality was just daft, it's obvious he will make it despite a few blaming his reputation more to do with family, they said it was down to his City roots they were wrong he's always had talent and finally getting to show it off a bit.

Personally I hope if we sell Tommy we get a very low buyback because with his vision and delivery you never know, his engine and determination he's got a lot mettle and it helps a lot plus he's more talented than most give him credit for, nepotism defo rears it's ugly head and gets untalented shits a chance in football but he earned all his plaudits at youth level... and he's a fighter the type who might grab the plaudits by the scruff of the neck making them notice him in the men's game.

Regardless of his ceiling I've felt he was at championship level for the last 2 and half years, we did him wrong not loaning him out a lot sooner to even a struggling side to physically make him. Hamburg fucked him over bigtime but the championship is a level above Bundesliga2, he's looked very comfortable at Cardiff and the blades while growing during both loans, he's defo improved positionally I'd say that was probably his big weakness centrally, he'll improve a lot there with experience and eventually he'll be an all round gem with a great delivery.

He's probably gonna be too late to break in for us sadly but anyone who doubted his quality was just daft, it's obvious he will make it despite a few blaming his reputation more to do with family, they said it was down to his City roots they were wrong he's always had talent and finally getting to show it off a bit.

Personally I hope if we sell Tommy we get a very low buyback because with his vision and delivery you never know, his engine and determination he's got a lot mettle and it helps a lot plus he's more talented than most give him credit for, nepotism defo rears it's ugly head and gets untalented shits a chance in football but he earned all his plaudits at youth level... and he's a fighter the type who might grab the plaudits by the scruff of the neck making them notice him in the men's game.
Ive maintained all along that he can easily emulate the success of a player like Ward Prowse.He has the ability and attitude to be a very good Prem player.

I wont be putting money on it......but Pep could do far worse than bring him home and integrate him into next seasons squad.

A natural leader and reassuring presence......he's aggressive,tenacious,neat and tidy,and has a wonderful set piece - all attributes we need are struggling for.

I wont be putting money on it......but Pep could do far worse than bring him home and integrate him into next seasons squad.

A natural leader and reassuring presence......he's aggressive,tenacious,neat and tidy,and has a wonderful set piece - all attributes we need are struggling for.
It would be superb for him to come home, stake a place, and make it his own.

With the uncertainty over Bernado and Gundogan's futures there could be opportunities in midfield next season. We have seen that the club will not panic buy if targets are not secured so if he has a good pre-season then there might be an opening in the squad.
I would be surprised but delighted if he does manage it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.