Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

Might look a bit iffy if they both scored own goals!!!!!!!!!!
But why would they? If City win thy gain nothing by it - I would expect both of them to be cheering Sheffield on against us - it gives them a chance of playing in and winning a cup final. If City win, then they can revert to being City fans for the final instead of professional footballers

Good news for us, would have been an awkward conversation with the 2 lads explaining why the club has decided they can't play in the biggest game of their career.

Much better to be able to say "Sorry lads, if it was up to us, but the new rules...." etc.
I think City would have let them play if the decision had been theirs. Patrick Roberts played and scored for Celtic against us a few years ago so there is precedent although I cannot recall if City actually made the call when the tie emerged or whether it was specified in the Ts and Cs of the loan.
Not allowing them to play would have pissed both off although I am sure they would have put a brave, professional face on it inside they would be seething.

This situation is probably the best for the club as the game is sandwiched between the second leg against Bayern and the home game against Arsenal so the second string may be called upon which could result in a "Typical City" type result especially if the loan lads were allowed to play.

I think City would have let them play if the decision had been theirs. Patrick Roberts played and scored for Celtic against us a few years ago so there is precedent although I cannot recall if City actually made the call when the tie emerged or whether it was specified in the Ts and Cs of the loan.
Not allowing them to play would have pissed both off although I am sure they would have put a brave, professional face on it inside they would be seething.

This situation is probably the best for the club as the game is sandwiched between the second leg against Bayern and the home game against Arsenal so the second string may be called upon which could result in a "Typical City" type result especially if the loan lads were allowed to play.
In UEFA comps you have to let them play, in the FA Cup we have blocked them playing before when it was up to us, which it isn't now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.