Tommy Hutchison failed to turn up. City or his fault ??

First of all, Tommy being at the Arsenal game was arranged a couple of weeks ago, just after the draw was made. I spoke to the City guy at that point about selling the books and nothing was said that lead me to believe that this wouldn’t be allowed.
Arrangements with the Cheshire branch were made in the meantime. It was only on the Tuesday of this week that we got the email saying we would not be able to sell. By that stage we already had bought over a hundred books.
I suppose the main issue is the fact that Man City have a contract like the one they have in place that would stop the sale of books like ours, something that is in no way going to harm in any way shape or form the financial situation at the club.
You can say that clubs like Coventry, Blackpool or Swansea (or Crewe as you mention Gresty Road) just don’t compare any more to a club like City. That’s probably true but it’s not necessarily a good thing. It is similar thinking (that perhaps some clubs are more important than others) that leads to some believing that a European Super League is the way forward.
We were told that we could not sell in the shop and that the shop would not stock the book (Apparently they don’t sell any books). I did ask if it were possible to sell the book outside of the stadium in City Square while Tommy was on the stage. Again I was told it was not possible. If we had been able to sell in the square or in the shop or both, we would have come.
Thanks for buying the book and I hope you enjoy it. Hopefully you’ll see what a genuine and good bloke Tommy

loada moaning over nowt trying to flog a loada swag, after getting the gold standard service from city, then chucked his toys out the pram when they said wind ya neck in tommy lad just leave the del boy business on the back burner for a bit just do a few meet n greets with our fans after we’ve got your tickets & hotel for you, sounds like he was mithering em to death tryin to ship few copies his book, storm in a tea cup, shoulda showed up at the supporters club do, a ridiculous display tbh.
First of all, Tommy being at the Arsenal game was arranged a couple of weeks ago, just after the draw was made. I spoke to the City guy at that point about selling the books and nothing was said that lead me to believe that this wouldn’t be allowed.
Arrangements with the Cheshire branch were made in the meantime. It was only on the Tuesday of this week that we got the email saying we would not be able to sell. By that stage we already had bought over a hundred books.
I suppose the main issue is the fact that Man City have a contract like the one they have in place that would stop the sale of books like ours, something that is in no way going to harm in any way shape or form the financial situation at the club.
You can say that clubs like Coventry, Blackpool or Swansea (or Crewe as you mention Gresty Road) just don’t compare any more to a club like City. That’s probably true but it’s not necessarily a good thing. It is similar thinking (that perhaps some clubs are more important than others) that leads to some believing that a European Super League is the way forward.
We were told that we could not sell in the shop and that the shop would not stock the book (Apparently they don’t sell any books). I did ask if it were possible to sell the book outside of the stadium in City Square while Tommy was on the stage. Again I was told it was not possible. If we had been able to sell in the square or in the shop or both, we would have come.
Thanks for buying the book and I hope you enjoy it. Hopefully you’ll see what a genuine and good bloke Tommy is.
Give over, can’t believe there’s a thread this long over something so ludicrous loada moaning over nowt trying to flog a loada swag, after getting the gold standard service from city, then chucked his toys out the pram when they said wind ya neck in tommy lad just leave the del boy business on the back burner for a bit just do a few meet n greets with our fans after we’ve got your tickets & hotel for you, sounds like he was mithering em to death tryin to ship few copies his book, storm in a tea cup, shoulda showed up at the supporters club do, a ridiculous display tbh.

Give over, can’t believe there’s a thread this long over something so ludicrous loada moaning over nowt trying to flog a loada swag, after getting the gold standard service from city, then chucked his toys out the pram when they said wind ya neck in tommy lad just leave the del boy business on the back burner for a bit just do a few meet n greets with our fans after we’ve got your tickets & hotel for you, sounds like he was mithering em to death tryin to ship few copies his book, storm in a tea cup, shoulda showed up at the supporters club do, a ridiculous display tbh.
Spot on mate.

So you were only interested in being guests of the club for financial reasons? Most ex-players would feel honoured by the invitation without any financial incentive.
The financial reasons was paying for petrol down from Scotland / up from Coventry if you had read previous posts. A former player, going from Manchester to Winsford is slightly different.

Could he not have attended the game as guest of honour of the club then at full time dashed out and sold his book outside the ground? Like the fanzines sellers used to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.