Toni Kroos

Can't compare Kroos and Gundogan imo. Gundogan is an out and out defensive midfielder whereas Kroos has a lot more attacking prowess. Still think Gundogan is class and just another injury. He gets injuries like any other player does bruises, kicks not muscle injuries
Gundogan is not an out an out defensive midfielder by any means.

Can't compare Kroos and Gundogan imo. Gundogan is an out and out defensive midfielder whereas Kroos has a lot more attacking prowess. Still think Gundogan is class and just another injury. He gets injuries like any other player does bruises, kicks not muscle injuries

I'd say Kroos plays deeper than Gundogan.

Kroos usually picks the ball up off Pepe/Ramos or Varane and starts the Real attacks.

Gundogan whilst capable of playing the Busquets role looks better playing in a role similar to Fernandinho does when Fernando plays.

Opinions and all. But no to your description.

Opinions and all. But no to your description.

It depends a lot on who´s coaching. Heynckes used him on the 10 where he got some good results thanks to his ambidexterity. Pep on the other hand liked playing him deeper on build up or just above the CBs while close to the box. Gundogan feels like a faster center playmaker you can easily double up inside.

In Pep Confidental (book on his first season at Bayern) he viewed Kroos as being the key part to his philosophy - Kroos took it all in and from the first training session he adapted to what pep wanted - he visualised everything around Kroos - he was livid when he has sold

Kroos would be fantastic signing, but if Real win the CL, will they have overhaul? If not, then I can't see Real selling Kroos.

It depends a lot on who´s coaching. Heynckes used him on the 10 where he got some good results thanks to his ambidexterity. Pep on the other hand liked playing him deeper on build up or just above the CBs while close to the box. Gundogan feels like a faster center playmaker you can easily double up inside.
Was talking about Gundogan as the out and out Defensive midfielder. I think both are comfortable in any of the 3 central positions. But I prefer Gundogan to Kroos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.