Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....{merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....

Duki Blue said:
Sorry if I have missed anything in between but have read the first 2 pages and jumped to page 19/20.

Jist I got was we only had 25K which was some 23K short of capacity and comparing us to the short fall at Old Trafford. Can I add to this point that their capaicity is in the region of 77K and they were charging around £41 where as ours is 48K and £20 for non seasoncard holders/£15 seasoncard/12.50 scheme.

We claim to be the "Manchester Club and the other the outsider" and I recall seeing faces in the pubs that were regular supporters from outside of Manchester that were in attendance today. Yet despite this claim they get a crowd of over £51K which exceeds our capacity?

Not in South Africa due to a wife and 2 children also wanting to go, not in China cause my wife was having our second child (week of and not near) but was in Thailand. I also did every Uefa Cup away game and was in Barcelona.

Not judgemental but merely making comparisons suggesting we should have had a slightly larger crowd?

i agree and kiam06 is right

kinkladze96 said:
kiam06 said:
Great points, this is why I am so angry as tonight is a chance for those who are struggling to go to a game for a reasonable price and they turned it down. A bus pass and my ticket, that all I used to have, I scraped to get my ticket money together so I know it is hard.

%wise, wages to ticket prices for most, is the problem.
£12 all round the ground would be full.

It was £12 all round wasn't it?

kiam06 said:
kinkladze96 said:
%wise, wages to ticket prices for most, is the problem.
£12 all round the ground would be full.

no, scaled from 12 to 25.
has this just blown the rant?

dannybcity said:
Duki Blue said:
Not in South Africa due to a wife and 2 children also wanting to go, not in China cause my wife was having our second child (week of and not near) but was in Thailand. I also did every Uefa Cup away game and was in Barcelona.

Not judgemental but merely making comparisons suggesting we should have had a slightly larger crowd?

Kiam step aside, I have a new hero!

And your point is? As I point out I only read the first couple of pages, got bored and went to the back of the post and read the last couple of pages seeing it did not seam to have moved on much! Have I missed something bearing in mind I was being factual in the rest of my post that you have cut off?

I agree, it deseves our support, but you are not going to get a sell out crowd for City v Fulham in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup, when Fulham are fielding their second team.

I went, you went, 24,500 other people went. It was as good an attendance as could be expected.

When you have kids in the equation, it costs a fortune to watch a game of football. Who are you going to take them to watch? City playing a Fulham second team, or a full blooded encounter against a full strength Premier League side?

I did'nt see any young kids at the game tonight, yet you see loads of them at league games. Maybe that is a pointer that some people are choosing their games, and the Carling Cup in the early rounds is not worth the expense.

kinkladze96 said:
kiam06 said:

£12-15 season ticket holders = 30k +

£5 Juniors

Open sale was £25 Is that right?

dannybcity said:
kinkladze96 said:
has this just blown the rant?

Ironically it was only £12 to those on the cup scheme. Great Big Massive fans like me and Kiam.
cant fault a loyalty system.

Duki Blue said:
dannybcity said:
Kiam step aside, I have a new hero!

And your point is? As I point out I only read the first couple of pages, got bored and went to the back of the post and read the last couple of pages seeing it did not seam to have moved on much! Have I missed something bearing in mind I was being factual in the rest of my post that you have cut off?

Nope, I was being facetious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.