Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....{merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....

Fuck me, would you like cookie?

I don't even know where to start with posts like these. I should, seen as though there is one after every fucking Carling cup game.

People don't have to go if they choose not to. There are many reasons why people choose not to. Even if they simply can't be arsed, it doesn't make them any less of a fan. Not everyone can be arsed to go to every game all of the time. Some games just don't seem like they would be worth the hassle. And last night's game, in hindsight clearly wasn't.

Me personally i live in Leeds, and don't drive and i work full time so it's difficult enough to get to mid-week games, not to mention the fact it costs the best part of £50 when you include travel cost. If i lived in Manchester, i probably would have gone but it isn't a game i'd have been excited about. I managed to listen to it on the radio and to be honest even when we scored i found it hard to get excited. The West Ham game is coming up, but it's on Sky, so i'd rather save my £50/£60 and save it for a game that isn't. There's nothing wrong with that, simply because i can't afford to go everyweek. Most people are in the same boat so you can't moan about people being selective over which games they go to. Carling Cup isn't a big draw when you compare it to the Premier League or the Hamburg game. The fact that the game wasn't on anything other than a third rate highlight show, pretty much confirms this.

Here's that cookie you're after anyway mate

cookie2.jpg

SWP's back said:
I thought you would stick your oar in at some point on my post. If we get to final, then priority should, IMO be given to those that went to the early rounds. To say we would not sell our allocation is stupid as well you know. Do you not think that is fair? If not why?

As for last night, if people were not at work, live close by, had the money but could not be arsed. Then last night, and last night alone, yeah, I was a better fan. I was there trying to lift the team that were playing badly and being nullified by a team set up to defend. Got a problem with that?

Why ever did you think that??

So loyalty should, in your opinion be based on the current season only and the specific competition only? I don't agree with that. So no i don't think it is fair. The lloyalty point system has been up and running for a while and was in place in the dark years. If someone went to Norwich for a midweek game but didnt go last night they probably received the same amount of loyalty points to their system. Who is the better fan? You can't quantify it in any way shape or form. All you can do is justify it with a loyalty scheme which the club do. Might not be perfect but its the best system there is.

People do not need to justify their non attendence to anyone, it is their choice. I won't say i am a better fan if they don't go. We all want full houses at every game but if we don't so what, as i have stated attendences do not win matches.

Re: Dear Kiam...

i have 3 kids and am the sole bread winner in my house can i please be excused from having to feed my kids beans on toast for a few days, just so that you dont have to get wound up by rags about our attendances during early stage CARLING cup games.
p.s
im sorry

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
molineuxblue said:
I don't finish work until 6pm on Monday (in North Yorkshire) and my girlfriend needs the car for going to college in the evening. May I please be excused from going to the match?

And is it OK if I watch it in the pub?

No need, just let Kiam know where you are and he'll pick you up and drop you off after the game, I mean, whatever it takes after all eh ;o)

Well I wouldn't want him to go to any trouble and I might have to admit that I didn't go last night.

vamps said:
I'm from abroad, and i honestly tried to get a hotel and plane tickets but they were all gone. I also have uni at 8.30 the next morning back in The Netherlands. Can i be excused?

one of the worst excuses i've heard in a long time, what a part -timer, may you never darken the doors of eastlands forever more

The bottom line is all the money the club throws around and it still wants season card holders to pay again.
make a gesture include cup games in seasoncards rise in attendence/spinoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.