Tony Gale - thick, jelous scumbag

Didsbury Dave said:
scorer said:
Lets be thankful and apreciative and move on.

Thankful to who?

The owner...... for giving us the chance to see a world class stellar player in light blue...

Shame it didn't last.....

Didsbury Dave said:
scorer said:
if we had not of signed him we would not be where we are today....

What are you talking about?

The only season he played we spent £100 million and slid two places down the table.

We are not clueless muppetts, unlike the clueless Muppett that did spend (or waste) over £100m.

Had Robinho not been here we would have been lower in the league....in my opinion.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 pm --<br /><br />
m27 said:
scorer said:
It may be in you opinion (which I think is bollocks)... but it is my opinion and I can assure you now, that if we had not of signed him we would not be where we are today.... just an opinion.... if thats okay with you?

Everyone has a right to an opinion, even one as bizarre as that one unfortunately.

So, it's all down to Robinho? Well, at least we have a replacment for the B of the Bang. A Robinho statue. It's what he deserves.

At what point have I said it is ALL down to Robinho???

My opinion is that he was instrumental in us not failing as much as we would have done.

scorer said:
Didsbury Dave said:

The only season he played we spent £100 million and slid two places down the table.

We are not clueless muppetts, unlike the clueless Muppett that did spend (or waste) over £100m.

Had Robinho not been here we would have been lower in the league....in my opinion.

-- Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 pm --

m27 said:
Everyone has a right to an opinion, even one as bizarre as that one unfortunately.

So, it's all down to Robinho? Well, at least we have a replacment for the B of the Bang. A Robinho statue. It's what he deserves.

At what point have I said it is ALL down to Robinho???

My opinion is that he was instrumental in us not failing as much as we would have done.

You said we wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for him.

So you're saying if it wasn't for him we'd be....I'm not sure actually. What on earth are you saying? Did he keep us in the Premiership last season? Did he stave of bakruptcy? Floods? Plagues of locusts?

Where would we be if he hadn't have signed? You tell me clever clogs.

EDIT: Apologies. Missed that. You claim we'd be lower in the league. So we'd have got beat at Spurs if we hadn't signed Robinho? Is that what you're getting at?

You see. That's why your argument is nonsense. Any momentum we are now on has bugger all to do with Robinho.

how much do u reckon, the biggest signing ever to come to city made us in merchandise. i know he had a massive impact on shirts sales, and we got lots of media coverage due to him, all this taken into account i think the ten million we lost for him would be widely lowered.
didnt beckham to madrid make most of his transfer fee back in one season on merchandise alone?? i seem to remember.

plus robby was bought more for the fact to say "we are here" than anything else.

im glad he went i dont think the sheik will be crying that he lost a few mill.

if we had kept him for the remainder of his contract, that would have be 15 million, just to keep him in the reserves or loan him out, and pay his wages. then his transfer fee would have been lowered the longer he stayed here. until eventually he would leave for free.
22 million is alot more than i thought we would get for him to be honest.

Milan have done us a favour

GOOD RIDDANCE!

scorer said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Had Robinho not been here we would have been lower in the league....in my opinion.

Whilst I don't rate Hughes, I think most of his buys in that first season were good.

SWP, De Jong, Kompany, Bellamy and Given are the ones I remember.

And he didn't sign Robinho. The Sheikh did.

I could easily make an argument that he cost us as many points as he won us that season, but it would be hypothetical.

He's a skillful player in the right league - a very skilful one. But he's not going down as a City legend for me- far from it. He's been a liability.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 am --<br /><br />
citygal1 said:
how much do u reckon, the biggest signing ever to come to city made us in merchandise.

I don't know but my guess would be he made us virtually nothing in merchandise.

Robinho played a big part to our finish in his first season, he scored alot of goals and set up alot of goals as well, however his lazyness cost us games as well.

kinkysleftfoot said:
Royaloak said:
What a Cnut. Interviewed on SSN about the transfer window. Thinks Robinho deal was bad business. Bought for £32m, sold for £22m, so according to him, 'taking a loss of £17-£18m is bad business. apart from being thick, which I suppose you can excuse from a very mediocre ex- footballer, he then goes on to have a go at the rest of City's signings. What made me laugh was that he was defending Spurs position in going for Van Der Vaart, a player who plays in a position where they are well covered, rather than sign a centre half. His rationale for this was that 'top defenders cost £17-£18m. He then goes on to criticize us for spending £17m on Kolarov. The twat then goes on to say that Stoke and Sunderland have made good signings and to cap it all, when asked if he thought Utd's lack of activity, particularly no action on signing a ball playing midfielder, was down to lack of money, he says 'they don't need a ball player, they have Scholes Carrick and, wait for it, Fletcher. He just couldn't bring himself to answer the question.

I know I shouldn't watch it etc, but you can't turn the tv on thsee days without some nobody having a dig. I wish we'd get on with it and become successful to rub these arse holes noses into the ground.

he's right it was bad business..........even my thick blue tinted glasses can't hide that fact!!

He's wrong and so are you - It was good business getting rid of that moaning b@st@rd - and good business getting the slacker off the wages list and out of the dressing room

Good riddance to him

Royaloak said:
What a Cnut. Interviewed on SSN about the transfer window. Thinks Robinho deal was bad business. Bought for £32m, sold for £22m, so according to him, 'taking a loss of £17-£18m is bad business. apart from being thick, which I suppose you can excuse from a very mediocre ex- footballer, he then goes on to have a go at the rest of City's signings. What made me laugh was that he was defending Spurs position in going for Van Der Vaart, a player who plays in a position where they are well covered, rather than sign a centre half. His rationale for this was that 'top defenders cost £17-£18m. He then goes on to criticize us for spending £17m on Kolarov. The twat then goes on to say that Stoke and Sunderland have made good signings and to cap it all, when asked if he thought Utd's lack of activity, particularly no action on signing a ball playing midfielder, was down to lack of money, he says 'they don't need a ball player, they have Scholes Carrick and, wait for it, Fletcher. He just couldn't bring himself to answer the question.

I know I shouldn't watch it etc, but you can't turn the tv on thsee days without some nobody having a dig. I wish we'd get on with it and become successful to rub these arse holes noses into the ground.

Tony Gale ??He's all wind. :)

Didsbury Dave said:
scorer said:

Whilst I don't rate Hughes, I think most of his buys in that first season were good.

SWP, De Jong, Kompany, Bellamy and Given are the ones I remember.

And he didn't sign Robinho. The Sheikh did.

I could easily make an argument that he cost us as many points as he won us that season, but it would be hypothetical.

He's a skillful player in the right league - a very skilful one. But he's not going down as a City legend for me- far from it. He's been a liability.

-- Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 am --

citygal1 said:
how much do u reckon, the biggest signing ever to come to city made us in merchandise.

I don't know but my guess would be he made us virtually nothing in merchandise.

really strange that u see cos after we bought him, walking around coms there were a hell of a lot of robinho shirts!
maybe u lost ur memory but think back to the take over and it was big big news and so was he.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.