Tony Pulis (Merged)

Re: Can't stand Pullis,but.......

Blueles61 said:
If they beat Liverpool tomorrow, we can be Champions on Wednesday!

You're spot on.. If Liverpool lose tomorrow night the the goal difference will be at least 10. We then beat villa and the goal difference is at least 11.. Could be more. We'll have won the league.. Not mathematically but yes it will effectively be over and I've got villa tickets :)))) come on palace!

buckshot said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Blueles61 said:

not true, technically they could overhaul the goal difference. But they're not going to win tomorrow

If they lose tomorrow they'd have to make up at least 10 goals on Sunday if City win either of their remaining games.
Therefore, we will not be mathematically guaranteed to be champions come 10pm on wednesday night.

It will be looking fairly promising though!

buckshot said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Blueles61 said:

not true, technically they could overhaul the goal difference. But they're not going to win tomorrow

If they lose tomorrow they'd have to make up at least 10 goals on Sunday if City win either of their remaining games.
my point exactly

corky1970 said:
If Liverpool lose and we win against villa. We've won it. No fucking silly business about mathematical shit No one us going to win 10 - 0 whilst we let 5 in

The west ham game will be a party

But we need to beat villa

Anyway lalapool will beat palace we will best villa then it'd final day hell

I don't think they will. I have a sneaking suspicion that Palace and Pullis will be bang up for this one, and think the Chelsea game destroyed Liverpool mentally.
If Liverpool don't score in the first 30 minutes, I think they will crumble.

C'Mon palace beat the fuckers and make people happy you can do it

We have to assume Liverpool will win and if they do, the pressure is back with us for Wednesday.

Personally, I can see them coasting past Palace.

Whatever happens tomorrow and Wednesday night, this one's going down to the last day. The only difference is that if L/Pool lose to palace and we beat Villa by two or more goals we'll be forgiven for celebrating on Wednesday night.

karen7 said:
He hates our money and likes british managers so don't expect too many favours

He's also a very good friend of slur alex, and we know how he feels about the dippers...

karen7 said:
He hates our money and likes british managers so don't expect too many favours

Sound familiar kazza???

Tony Pulis has claimed Liverpool should be title contenders after spending over £200m in the transfer market.

Brendan Rogers’ team visit Selhurst Park on Monday night for Crystal Palace’s final home game of the season.

And Pulis, who was yesterday named as Barclays Manager of the Month for April, said: “If you look at Liverpool, it is on a different level from this football club in every way, shape and form.

“I think there has been a lot of investment in Liverpool. I think people forget.

“When Kenny (Dalglish) was there, they spent over £100m. I think Brendan has spent over £100m, they are paying players in excess of hundreds of thousands of pounds a week.

“I think the biggest bonus for Liverpool has been the fact that they have had no cup competitions or Europe to worry about so they could focus from week to week so that certainly helps you.

“Is it a surprise they are title contenders? No, not when you look at Daniel Sturridge and the quality they have got up front. They will score goals.”

Different level: Pulis says his side can't compete financially with the big clubs

Palace are safe in 11th place but Pulis insisted: “I care about this game and I am sure the players do. It is our last home game of the season so it is very, very important that we try and finish on a high.

"That is our tribute to the supporters for the way they have got behind us this year. We owe them a performance - and everyone in the Barclays Premier League a performance.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.