Tony Pulis

To be perfectly honest, yesterday's result hasn't changed any of my opinions about the Stoke game. I was supporting Bolton that day, because I thought we would have a better chance against them. I think Stoke have a chance against us, but hopefully Mancini will have them fired up for the game. The good thing for us is that we have plenty of big game players who have won trophies on bigger stages, so nerves shouldn't play a part for us.

LoveCity said:
The "Stoke on Wembley's pitch" comforter is invalid. They destroyed Bolton and played their own way with no problems, even Delap's throws were reaching their usual location without problems.

We're in for a horribly difficult cup final against a team who know exactly how to play against us, hence these four results against them leading into it:

1-1
1-1
1-3 (loss)
1-1

We haven't beaten them since Mancini's early days when we did them 2-0 at home. And yet Mancini still seems to struggle to understand teams like this and how to counter them. After we signed Boateng, Yaya, etc., people said these big tough players would prevent us from being troubled by long ball clogger teams like Stoke and Everton but nothing has changed.
Didn't we thrash Stoke 3-0 only a few years back with some geezer called Robinho nabbing a hatrick? Since those days, we have developed into one of the tallest/biggest squads in the division, so I won't be shitting myself too much. Also, why can't somebody stand directly in front of Delap when he throws in? It's a pity Jerome Boateng won't be fit because he has a good long throw in his arsenal. It will be close but I reckon we can beat Stoke 3-2 possibly after extra-time. Their small squad will then be knackered for the return league game, which we will win more comfortably. Yes, this is the same Lionheart who confidently predicted we would lose at Everton AND will lose against Spurs too. It will matter not in the long run.

Shooter 83 said:
ancoats said:
if i was him i would be shitting myself

he knows we can play them off the park at wembley
big pitch and a very big field to pass and move not like stoke small pitch and ground much like everton today

also i still think somebody is going to get a right beating from us
if we play like today and take half of the chances we made we would win 3.0

Spot on if Tevez is fit and we play like we did first 65 minutes we'll piss it.

It's the last twenty five this season that has me worried.

he knows we can play them off the park at wembley
big pitch and a very big field to pass and move not like stoke

I take it you didnt see our display v Bolton on the big pitch lol

More room for the wingers suited us just fine.

My take on the game is no different than before yesterday.

You have progressed tremendously in a short amount of time and will rightly be the favourites to lift the cup.

We will play to our strengths (a la Everton) and make it difficult to play your passing game.

You will threaten from open play, we will be very dangerous from set pieces (which at the moment you seem to struggle with).

I think it makes for a fascinating game and hopefully exciting game.

Two old clubs with two sets of supporters who know how to support their team also makes for a great atmosphere.

Roll on Saturday, I can't wait

I'm with Lovecity on this one. I reckon we're in for a shock on Saturday. We don't like it up us I'm sorry to say and Pulis will tell his team to lump it big time on Sat coz that's how we get beat. They'll never be able to beat us by playing football so it's lump-tastic on Saturday. I'm dreading it to be honest.

For me, the bottom line in all of this is that if we can beat Manchester United in the semi final of the cup at Wembley, we can certainly beat Stoke City.

That said, the one team that can also beat Manchester City, is, Manchester City!

Lancashire Blue said:
For me, the bottom line in all of this is that if we can beat Manchester United in the semi final of the cup at Wembley, we can certainly beat Stoke City.

That said, the one team that can also beat Manchester City, is, Manchester City!

At least the rags don't hoof it in the air! I am fearing the worst for Sat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.