Too many vehicles on uk roads

The only solution is a high quality public transport system. We need to have far more capacity on it than we need “now” so it makes its use pleasant even when busy.

Only then will die hard car drivers be persuaded to move.

Not true. We could implement a one child policy and bring down total population, but yes future high quality public transport is really key.

What do you mean?

car_photo_369484_25.jpg

I can't see any difference.
Also, in the 70's the one of the right would have had a family of 4 in it. Nowadays the one on the left would have a teenage girl.

What would be the reason ?
There’s a number of reasons and they’re all interrelated;
Aging population (fewer licence-holders), plus younger people waiting longer to get a licence.
Increase in urban living (so more public transport reliance)
Smaller households (so do I really need a car if there’s only one, or no kids to ferry around?)
Government/ local policy making act ownership/ operation more difficulty/ expensive (like car-free/ congestion zones etc)

There’s a number of reasons and they’re all interrelated;
Aging population (fewer licence-holders), plus younger people waiting longer to get a licence.
Increase in urban living (so more public transport reliance)
Smaller households (so do I really need a car if there’s only one, or no kids to ferry around?)
Government/ local policy making act ownership/ operation more difficulty/ expensive (like car-free/ congestion zones etc)
Thanks

The should do more smart motorways as they complete the work on them so quickly……. The M6 one for example between 22 and 26. Only been going 3 years now and still nowhere near finished by the looks of it despite saying it would be finished by Spring 23! What the hell they are doing with the M6/East Lancs junction I don’t know. Looks chaos there morning and night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.