Too many vehicles on uk roads

And you can sort out the mechanicals yourself.
I pretty much built my '72 Clubman from the ground up, including a full engine rebuild/tune. 1098cc short stroke block, bored out to 1160, 1300cc double valve spring head, ported and polished , split-manifold with LCB and a W-40 DCOE. Rapid up to 60mph and then topped out around 80mph screaming its arse off.

Taught me an awful lot about motor vehicle engineering that project.

Leeds is trying to make it nigh impossible to drive into the centre. A large block in the centre is now pedestrianised and thru routes go around the city. A raft of local stations now have expanded car parks and frequent trains. No idea about the busses.
Today a wartime bomb was discovered somewhere in Leeds.
This caused disruption to trains heading out to Shipley and beyond.
Perhaps if it had exploded the damage done would have been less than that caused by the never ending building and roadworks in the town.
It might even have improved things.......

Another problem with modern motor vehicles. They make drivers feel invincible which actually makes them more dangerous for everyone else outside of the vehicle.

Agree with this. When you drive a 80s/early 90s car you drive with a lot more care and respect of other road users.

Don't enjoy driving, it gets me from a-b but my 22mile 50minute commute is just under 2hrs on Train/Tram/Bus combo, and that's before we get into the cost. Would love a tube network like London.

Car manufacturers must of loved the media's push of "there's a paedophile on every street corner" back in the 90s.
2 car families sprung up quicker than Pepè Le Pew's ... er tail.
Surely they had nothing to do with the pushing of that campaign, did they?

I'd say it's more to do both man and wife having full time jobs in most households and both needing a car for the commute. You honestly believe a anti nonce campaign put more cars on the road? lmao.

I pretty much built my '72 Clubman from the ground up, including a full engine rebuild/tune. 1098cc short stroke block, bored out to 1160, 1300cc double valve spring head, ported and polished , split-manifold with LCB and a W-40 DCOE. Rapid up to 60mph and then topped out around 80mph screaming its arse off.

Taught me an awful lot about motor vehicle engineering that project.
The things you could do with a A series engine, they were brilliant.

I had no car for 4 weeks while waiting for a turbo charger to arrive from overseas and then to be fitted. Due to the times I start and finish my journeys getting the tram bus started at 19.00 and getting back home at 06.30. In my car I leave at 20.30 and get home at 05.15
Public transport 11.5 hours out of the house
Car just over 8.5 hours out of the house.
Anybody think I stuck with public transport?

The number of cars in the UK is at its highest ever right now. It’s gonna stay around this level for the next 5-10 years, then start a long and slow decline. That’s also the trend across Europe in general.

Last edited:
The number of cars in the UK is at its highest ever right now. It’s gonna stay around this level for the next 5-10 years, then start a long and slow decline. That’s also the trend across Europe general.
Bloody hope so..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.