Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

Baldyblue said:
roman totale said:
johnny on the spot said:
He'll be at Stoke in five years.

I reckon two, three max.

Spuds, mark my words...

I remember thinking in January last year when we were desperate for a striker that he wouldn't be a bad shout for 13m or so, he's definitely shown potential and is still young, but 35m? Madness.

I don't rate the guy. He didn't he even score that many in the Championship when Newcastle were relegated. I might be wrong, but he was something like the 6th highest goalscorer, that might be incorrect, but he definitely wasnt the top. The only argument I hear in support of him is "on his day, he's a handful". Paul Dickov was a handful, Kevin Davies is a handful, Emile Heskey can be a handful, and the list stretches on. None of those players will never be worth 35 million, unless we lived in some sort of parallel universe. For 35 million, you have to be more than just "a handful", you have to be a absolute nightmare for the opposition. I rate the likes of Jonathan Walters, and Shane Long, higher than Carroll. Whenever I watch Liverpool, they always look better without Carroll. Kuyt would probably get a decent number of goals played as a striker. Liverpool could have signed Fernando Llorente for less than half of what Carroll cost, or even Klose for peanuts.

andy carroll is a greasy haired donkey

35million? bahaha scousers got robbed..for once

the mods on rawk are soft cunts they lock every single thread if its not about praising liverpool.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282952.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=282952.0</a>

So now that Demba Ba is banging in the goals. Will Liverpool FC purchase him for 35 million pounds...

Also LMAO at the loonies on RAWK comparing Dzeko to Carroll. Used to like Liverpool fans but most of em seem a bit deranged these days and genuinely hate us.

peoffrey said:
Carroll is an average player with the potential to be a decent player but Newcastle proved that every man has his price.

Fixed for accuracy.

Carroll has one good game in 10, a poor mans Duncan Ferguson.

£35m for him was obscene.

£11m more than David Silva.

£10m more than Tevez.

I wouldn't swap him for Aguero and £3m.

Newcastle took Liverpool to the cleaners and while it has taken nearly a year to realise that, they know it now.

Freestyler said:
Aguero cost 3mill more.

*shudders*
And is paid at least twice as much each week.

It was a ludicrous transfer and he'll NEVER become a player of that stature, but with no Champions League football on offer and an inability to pay wages of around 200k a week, any comparisons to Aguero's transfer are superfluous; it's not like they could have got him instead of the Geordie pisshead.

Yet they are quite content with thinking they could get tevez or villa who are only on slightly less wages. The plain and simple fact is this if you want to be a top club you have to be prepared to pay top wages because if you arent someone else will. Hence the modric and spurs situation if you consider him to be a 40m player you have to pay him as such and if you want to have a real 38m player than be prepared to pay him matching wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.