Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

peoffrey said:
SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:
Carroll cost more because the transfer was made between two English Clubs. That's just obvious.

But Kenny still got bent over something chronic.

Well... they had money to spend and not much time to spend it. Chelsea paid over the odds for Torres so Liverpool had to make a statement of intent to appease their fanbase. I'd certainly have been pissed off had we sold our goalscorer and not looked to replace him.

I still think Carroll can come good but I think he needs to think it too. He's got the potential.
£35m worth of potential?

No, so Kenny got bent over.

Matty said:
It would seem that everyone involved in Newcastle's hierarchy is a complete cock. Who the hell is this Llambias guy to be having a go at people in football such as Keegan and Shearer? Ok, so everyone has their opinions on people, but to publically slate people like Keegan and Shearer when, essentially, you're fucking no-one, a trumped up businessman with no clue how to run a football club both financially and morally, is a disgrace. Shearer's arrogant? Well, I'd imagine scoring 260 Premier League goals gives him a certain amount of right to be arrogant. Being a particularly obnoxious human being, and a seriously misguided Managing Director of a football club doesn't.

Nice one Matty... now I know City have had their rough years but have they ever had such a pair of obnoxious arseholes as these two running the club?

OK Shearer and Keegan aren't perfect by any stretch but as you say they do have credence... Llambias and Ashley are devoid of any moral integrity ... they know the cost of everything but the value of nothing....

Poz said:
Matty said:
It would seem that everyone involved in Newcastle's hierarchy is a complete cock. Who the hell is this Llambias guy to be having a go at people in football such as Keegan and Shearer? Ok, so everyone has their opinions on people, but to publically slate people like Keegan and Shearer when, essentially, you're fucking no-one, a trumped up businessman with no clue how to run a football club both financially and morally, is a disgrace. Shearer's arrogant? Well, I'd imagine scoring 260 Premier League goals gives him a certain amount of right to be arrogant. Being a particularly obnoxious human being, and a seriously misguided Managing Director of a football club doesn't.

Nice one Matty... now I know City have had their rough years but have they ever had such a pair of obnoxious arseholes as these two running the club?

OK Shearer and Keegan aren't perfect by any stretch but as you say they do have credence... Llambias and Ashley are devoid of any moral integrity ... they know the cost of everything but the value of nothing....

As flawed as Swales was he loved the club enough to try, and he was good to fans on a personal level as many will tell you.

But it must be said that Thaksin took the piss on a massive scale but many Blues lapped it up for too long.

Ashley and Llambias are just more bare faced about what they are doing that Frank but they are all cut from the same cloth IMHO.

Newcastle does seem to have been blessed with a succession of cunts in charge for so long.
I hope they get an owner like ours some time in the near future.
Can you imagine a top 4 with City, Newcastle, Spurs and AN Other? With Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and the rags fighting for the 4th spot. A few years ago you'd have been called mad for even dreaming about it. If there's truth in the rumour that the Qataris are actually looking at Newcastle, it could be a possibility.

Matty said:

You're not wrong mate - the bloke is a chancer, a liar and and scum of the highest order. I've read a lot recently on boards saying 'Ashleys not that bad, he's doing a good job, Geordies give him too much stick etc'. NUFC fans hate this mob because they're classless, embarrassing cunts and consistently drag the club through the mud with shite like this.

It makes me sick to see them practically bragging about being horrible to genuine nice men like Chris Hughton. The job that bloke did for this club was absolutely sensational and he did it with dignity and class. Hasn't spoken a bad word about the club since his dismissal because it's just not in his make up. Unlike this jumped up prick who can't help but lay the boot in and rub his own ego now that he's managed to finally string a couple of correct decisions together.

I can't wait to see the back of them from my football club.

I doubt Dalglish has much say in the transfers. Commoli is the one doing all the scouting and buying for the club.

If/when it all goes pear shaped it'll be easy for Dalglish to blame Commoli.

Commoli done a decent job in someways at Spurs bringing in the likes of Modric, Bale, Kaboul, BAE, but then went a bit mentalist with the likes of Bentley and Bent (Downing/Carroll?)

Crouchinho said:

Bent was a good buy for spurs,but was the wrong signing at the wrong time as they already had Keane,Defoe and Crouch,so he never really got a look in.

royle said:
Crouchinho said:

Bent was a good buy for spurs,but was the wrong signing at the wrong time as they already had Keane,Defoe and Crouch,so he never really got a look in.

It was a strange one at the time as we still had Berbatov.

Bent actually got Spurs out of a big pickle when Harry arrived scoring plenty of goals, same with Pav, but you knew Harry didn't like either of them.

Crouchinho said:
royle said:
Crouchinho said:

It was a strange one at the time as we still had Berbatov.

Bent actually got Spurs out of a big pickle when Harry arrived scoring plenty of goals, same with Pav, but you knew Harry didn't like either of them.

Darren Bent is one of the most under-rated strikers in the PL, his scoring record for mid-table sides is impressive. If he'd been picked up by a top side he'd be scoring for fun and I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd got a couple of golden boots if he was at Chelsea or the scum.

He's got 168 goals from 389 appearances and that's playing for the likes of Charlton, Sunderland, Villa (after they sold their best providers) and a spell with Tottenham (decent side) where he was used a lot as a sub so skews the goals/games ratio. From 2004, apart from a spell at Spurs, he's consistently had a goal ratio of around 1 goal per 2 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.