Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

shikariblue said:
peoffrey said:
ello_jo said:
How much was augero again?

Kenny got fooked right over!

Aguero wanted Champions League football.

I have no idea how that is relevant to the cost of the two.

Um... Aguero has more interest from Clubs than a half a top flight Striker than Carroll and Aguero can be more choosy about where he goes. Liverpool are still a top name in world football because of what they've done.

Carroll cost more because the transfer was made between two English Clubs. That's just obvious.

^^^
True - any English player moving between English clubs will (ridiculously) demand a big premium. Why clubs put up with this is I dont know. £35m could have been spent on two top class foreign players.

I think Liverpool's hands were a bit tied thanks to Benitez's fascination with buying spanish players. Their 1st team squad pretty much only had Gerrard, Johnson & Carragher and 2 of them are getting on in football terms. Obviously they had a few kids but only a couple were on the fringes of the 1st team.

They HAD to buy english and at least 1st team squad material to meet nationality rules for the squad and still be able to keep kids in reserve as opposed to listing them in the squad. Hence them buying all UK based last transfer window.

Benitez, the great saviour, still screwing them over a year after he's left.

I agree, looks like they got turned over by Newcastle but it was completely unprofessional for their MD to come out with comments like that.

bluemoondays said:
I think Liverpool's hands were a bit tied thanks to Benitez's fascination with buying spanish players. Their 1st team squad pretty much only had Gerrard, Johnson & Carragher and 2 of them are getting on in football terms. Obviously they had a few kids but only a couple were on the fringes of the 1st team.

They HAD to buy english and at least 1st team squad material to meet nationality rules for the squad and still be able to keep kids in reserve as opposed to listing them in the squad. Hence them buying all UK based last transfer window.

Benitez, the great saviour, still screwing them over a year after he's left.

I agree, looks like they got turned over by Newcastle but it was completely unprofessional for their MD to come out with comments like that.

I disagree, I think they bought him due to a lack of imagination. The new owners had sold Torres and had to do something to keep the fans onside. Carroll fitted that bill, in theory at least, he's big, strong, cost a lot of money, English and was flavour of the month.

If they had sold Torres and bought a cheaper foreigner, even though he probably was a better player(eg Ba) then the owners would have immediately been tarred with the same brush as the previous owner

They already bought Suarez who was proven and Carroll was injured when they bought him, so what was the point of buying him for 35 mill when he didn't even play alot last season.

They actually thought they had the next Rooney. They were afraid Tottenham or City would come in and take an iconic English striker. Henry thought he was giving the fans a

No explanation for Downing and Henderson, they're just shit. Funny their obsession with average Englishmen.

Imagine if they had been smart and given Unai Emery 70m to spend, they'd be top 3 easy.

peoffrey said:
shikariblue said:
peoffrey said:
Aguero wanted Champions League football.

I have no idea how that is relevant to the cost of the two.

Um... Aguero has more interest from Clubs than a half a top flight Striker than Carroll and Aguero can be more choosy about where he goes. Liverpool are still a top name in world football because of what they've done.

Carroll cost more because the transfer was made between two English Clubs. That's just obvious.
But Kenny still got bent over something chronic.

For anyone who is interested this is a blog entry I did about Liverpools transfers -

<a class="postlink" href="http://35-years-of-fun.over-blog.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://35-years-of-fun.over-blog.com/</a>

Its quite a list that.

SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:

But Kenny still got bent over something chronic.

Well... they had money to spend and not much time to spend it. Chelsea paid over the odds for Torres so Liverpool had to make a statement of intent to appease their fanbase. I'd certainly have been pissed off had we sold our goalscorer and not looked to replace him.

I still think Carroll can come good but I think he needs to think it too. He's got the potential.

It would seem that everyone involved in Newcastle's hierarchy is a complete cock. Who the hell is this Llambias guy to be having a go at people in football such as Keegan and Shearer? Ok, so everyone has their opinions on people, but to publically slate people like Keegan and Shearer when, essentially, you're fucking no-one, a trumped up businessman with no clue how to run a football club both financially and morally, is a disgrace. Shearer's arrogant? Well, I'd imagine scoring 260 Premier League goals gives him a certain amount of right to be arrogant. Being a particularly obnoxious human being, and a seriously misguided Managing Director of a football club doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.