Toon fans best ever

If they go down Barton might get chance to win the championship.

Said he was going their for trophies and medals so this could be his chance

It would just be so weird seeing Newcastle United's name on the Championship table, but with a team of that size still probably getting at least 40000 every home game theyll probably bounce straight back, as far as im aware they arent in major financial difficulty compared to Leeds when they went down.

Ed68 said:
I like Geordie's but it does irritate me how they are classed as real hardcore fans when I was there when they had a lot less than 20k a week watching them.

I'm ready though for them to blame the low attendances on the recession.

If they do go down they will bounce back up to full houses every week, like we did under Keegan. It's if they get stuck down there there attendances may fall. But I believe they will hold up. They are loyal fans.

To be honest neither here nor there about newcastle going down, but having lived in Blackburn untill recently I really really really hope blackburn go down ive never met such biased fans of a shitty little club having a massive chip on their shoulder about every other team, last week one even said to me they expect to turn Liverpool over - tossers.

r.soleofsalford said:
they support there team when they are shit, just like we did, dont have a problem with them

True. I was around when they were in div 2 (or whatever it was called then) and their fans were fine; as I recall when they went down to 10,000 or something it was because of a fans' protest against the board (doubtless deserved; their chairmen/board have rivalled Swales and his cronies for incompetence). Maybe we should have done the same instead of just turning up regardless.

Geordie fans are some of the best; not unpleasant like some. Also, we usually get points against them after a good open game. Honestly; who would you prefer to play against; Wigan/Stoke or the Barcodes? It's a no brainer, surely?

Sure hope they avoid the drop: doubt it, though.

no problem with the toon but do think for them to go down even after the 2nd 'messiah' was drafted in would be rather funny, plus it would prove that they arent the giant side that they think they are, maybe it would do them good! doon gan the toon!

BlueMooner87 said:
i would be happy to see newcastle go down - shearer is clueless he is a front for dowie to manage the team - it would show the numpty toon army that going on protest does no good they would fall to pieces in championship, try and name the players that will stay.....?

Not havin a dig mate but City seem to have enough semi-protesting fans of their own at the moment. They are like our twin club with the amount of managers and calamities that have followed us around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.