Top 115 Female Music Artists Results | No.1 page 63

It is indeed, but was Joni Mitchell a one hit wonder because i can't name another song by her. And I think she got several votes on the strength of Big Yellow Taxi only.
She is an album artist mate. Blue is my favourite. She is famous for her songwriting and influence on other artists such as CSNY and James Taylor. Folk are likely to have voted because of her large body of sublime work.

She is an album artist mate. Blue is my favourite. She is famous for her songwriting and influence on other artists such as CSNY and James Taylor. Folk are likely to have voted because of her large body of sublime work.
Fair enough mate. On your recommendation I'll download Blue and have a listen.

Didn’t vote for her, for her singles. Her body of work is fantastic. Woodstock (B Side) is probably as famous as Big Yellow Taxi.

She attached more importance to her albums. She only put out the singles because the company was pushing her to, in the way that companies and managers did in those days. All the albums through the 70s are pearls: Blue (which I personally am not that fond of, although many consider it to be her masterpiece), For The Roses, Hissing of Summer Lawns, Court and Spark, and above all Hejira. First album I ever bought was Song To A Seagull, in 69. I was astonished by the overall quality. Her voice got a lot smokier and bluesier over time — not surprising, with all the cigarettes and drink. Still interesting, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.