Top 115 Female Music Artists Results | No.1 page 63

I’d be more than willing to do another music poll but @RobMCFC ,@BlueHammer85 or someone else may have alternative thoughts about that.
You've done a great job here - I'm happy for you to carry on.

I'm currently running one music thread and am toying with the idea of another two, so feel free to carry on running the polls.

Surprised no-one's picked Anastacia unless she's in the top two. Can't see her being ahead of DH or KB though.

Kate Bush vs Debbie Harry. Come on Deb, bash the posh bird!
lol - neither of them in my top ten but I think I'm with you on this one!

Edit:

Having just done a rough 'Ryder Cup' on the top 100 it's about a 60/40 split in favour of the US even after making the likes of Kylie an honorary brit. I've added in the Canadians to the US because I know how much they appreciate being lumped together.

So in the spirit of honours even and all that, it would be good if the top spot goes to a (suitably eccentric) European.

Last edited:
She attached more importance to her albums. She only put out the singles because the company was pushing her to, in the way that companies and managers did in those days. All the albums through the 70s are pearls: Blue (which I personally am not that fond of, although many consider it to be her masterpiece), For The Roses, Hissing of Summer Lawns, Court and Spark, and above all Hejira. First album I ever bought was Song To A Seagull, in 69. I was astonished by the overall quality. Her voice got a lot smokier and bluesier over time — not surprising, with all the cigarettes and drink. Still interesting, though.
This was one of Joni's responses to the record company's demands . . .

She attached more importance to her albums. She only put out the singles because the company was pushing her to, in the way that companies and managers did in those days. All the albums through the 70s are pearls: Blue (which I personally am not that fond of, although many consider it to be her masterpiece), For The Roses, Hissing of Summer Lawns, Court and Spark, and above all Hejira. First album I ever bought was Song To A Seagull, in 69. I was astonished by the overall quality. Her voice got a lot smokier and bluesier over time — not surprising, with all the cigarettes and drink. Still interesting, though.
Hejira is well up there.
Blue is extremely open and personal. She leaves nothing of herself behind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.