Top 3 Transfer Mistakes

I think the two worst signings since I have been following city were Jo and samaras.

To sign a player like Jo for £17 million was absolutely ludicrous. It was thaksin's signing and he had no money to pay for it. We were in serious financial trouble at this point and thaksin was relying on getting access to his frozen assets. All this for a player who scored a handful of goals and didn't look arsed.

I think samaras is up there because he was pearce's big signing. I think Pearce gets unfair treatment on her considering the appalling budget he had to work with. He had to sell his best players and had virtually no money to spend. I think pearce's downfall was the samaras signing. It started off ok but just didn't work out and this ultimately led to one of the lowest scoring seasons in the clubs history. £6 million to us then was a hell of a lot.

baildon blue said:
1 Lee Bradbury 2 Robinho 3 Bianchi all 3 a complete waste of money. The thing is i can think of many more like Jo and Robbie Fowler
For the money, Robinho didn't deliver enough on the pitch, but he was hardly the worst. Plus it was the signing that announced our new owners to the world. We might've been a bit slower off the mark if it wasn't for that deal.

For me, it would have to be Jon Macken, Mathais Vuoso and Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz in particular, because we knew about his terrible injury record. That was the only reason Blackburn got him so cheap in the first place.

How could i forget this guy...

ENG81+Manchester+City+08+Steve+Daley.png

Santa Cruz. Nothing needs to be said about this

Samaras. In a time where we sold anybody we could get money for and had practically a 0 transfer budget it was criminal to spend £6 million on gorgeous george.

Santa Cruz. It was really that bad it needs mentioning twice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.