Top 3 Transfer Mistakes

jimharri said:
spinzer said:
jimharri said:
Balotelli
Robinho
Santa Cruz
really, balotelli? i mean really? Hell we even earned money on him!
And he did bag important goals for us, and other then that he really made sure everybody knew of Manchester city ;)
Yep; just because you make money on a player does not necessarily mean the transfer wasn't a mistake. And yes; he scored a few important goals for us. But the amount of hype around him (which he never really lived up to) and the amount of baggage that came with him; well, what we got from him didn't (for me) justify the transfer. No doubt I'll get heaps of ridicule on here for that opinion. I can't help the way I feel; sorry.
Well, his important goals pretty much won us 2011/12 premier league.
Remember those late goals? for example the one against spurs at home? won us a penalty in overtime and succesfully converted it. Those 3 points were vital and this is just 1 example

I can't believe some of the answers on here people must have mega short memories I mean robihno as a transfer mistake his first touch was a goal he was shit towards the end yeah but oh well anyway back on topic

1 Robbie fowler because his signing made Bernstein leave

2 georgios samaras (rough glass not diamond)

3 Lee bradbury

Sven's Fluffer said:
What about failing to sign a player?
I'll throw van Buyten in the mix. Although to be fair I'm not sure how we missed out to be honest - probably penniless at the time.

Yeah, hard to believe now isn't it that we couldn't find 2.5 million to sign him. Will always remember him Van Nistelroy in his pocket for the derby game.

bluethunder said:
Ally29 said:
For the top 3 transfer mistakes are:

Maicon, Sinclair and Santa Cruz

maicon costed peanuts, he was also injured through much of the season, he couldn't really show us what he's capable of.

sinclair isn't a big issue either, only 6 million, we can get most of that money back.

-- Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:20 pm --

For me its:

1. Adebayor
2. Robinho
3. Javi Garcia

RSC has to go on any top 3. He is teh owrst value for money we have had, Same as Bridge. Give me Robby or Javi any day over the two I mentioned.

spinzer said:
jimharri said:
spinzer said:
really, balotelli? i mean really? Hell we even earned money on him!
And he did bag important goals for us, and other then that he really made sure everybody knew of Manchester city ;)
Yep; just because you make money on a player does not necessarily mean the transfer wasn't a mistake. And yes; he scored a few important goals for us. But the amount of hype around him (which he never really lived up to) and the amount of baggage that came with him; well, what we got from him didn't (for me) justify the transfer. No doubt I'll get heaps of ridicule on here for that opinion. I can't help the way I feel; sorry.
Well, his important goals pretty much won us 2011/12 premier league.
Remember those late goals? for example the one against spurs at home? won us a penalty in overtime and succesfully converted it. Those 3 points were vital and this is just 1 example

"I can't help the way I feel, sorry"...Are we expected to believe you aren't doing this for arguments sake? You are not seeking attention? You seriously believe that a player that was MOM in both the FA Cup semi, and the final, was MOM in the 1-6 at the swap, plus many more highlights in a short exciting career, a City career when he won the League and Cup, is our WORST signing ever? Cost roughly the same as Jo, RSC did so much more and we got our money back? You think he's worse than Danny Mills on a 6 year deal?

You are either a fully blown moron, or on a wind up!

Robinho. Yeah, yeah, yeah. He was bought to propel us etc etc, but that makes no difference to the fact that he wasn't that god for the money paid. I don't blame him, it's because the players around him were poor, so he was more of a wrong signing for that time rather than him being a bad signing based on ability. For £32.5m though, he was a mistake.

Lee Bradbury. He just wasn't that good and at a time when money was tight, £3.5m was absolutely wasted on the kid.

Jo. No explanation needed.

I'll add this too. I once spoke to Richard Money and advised him that Celtic were looking to buy Larsson. He told me 'we make the signings right for the team'. He should have fucking listened to me.

In my life time City have signed some garbage, so this is too easy or maybe too difficult to call.
We have had a lot of players who didn't justify their wages, their fee or the hype, they could all be considered, but we have signed some truly woeful players that score high on all three.

My stand out top three were not the biggest signings, or on the highest wages, but were so bad for the club it actually hurt...

1, Danny Mills, this man had a truly cancerous effect on the club. Drained us for wages for years and was and continue to be an utter knob head.

2. Replacing Coton with Immell. Do I need to say more.

3. Joint. Samaras and Bradbury. While Samaras was not the worst player, although he was pretty bad his fee at the time was so far out of reach, so unrealistic and unnecessary he could have bankrupted us. I felt sorry for the lad, he was played out of position too often, and he was expected to be the next Shearer thanks to the fee Pearce paid for him.
Bradbury for very much the same reason, too expensive at the wrong time. The fact that he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo didn't help...

Those saying names like Robinho (our league top scorer & reason we signed many more talented players), Balotelli are simply insane or attention seeking!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.