Top four is gone in my eyes.

lee-mcfc said:
you'd think were fucking 8th or something right now!
people are soo O.T.T when we lose a match
Agree, people forget that only 3 seasons ago we we're finishing 14th and 15th just scraping Premier League survival. Worst case scenario these season is a Europa League place. A little persepective would be good sometimes.

We only lost to the rags. We are 2 points behind spurs.. Doubt spurs will bet the rags and we can beat arsenal. Should beat villa. All come down to the match against spurs really, and with home advantage we should win.

Be positive!

10.Goater_Legend said:
lee-mcfc said:
Agree, people forget that only 3 seasons ago we we're finishing 14th and 15th just scraping Premier League survival. Worst case scenario these season is a Europa League place. A little persepective would be good sometimes.

I was just as sore when we lost that derby in the last minute, but after some sleep, and some time to think about it, I came to a realisation. If we don't screw up, the lowest we can finish is 5th. So we've jumped from 10th to 5th. If thats not a sign progress is being made, and things are looking up for us, I don't know what is.

10.Goater_Legend said:
lee-mcfc said:

excatly!
we have made BIG progress from what we used to be like!.

watching wigan vs arse now i seriously do think we can get atleast a point or even win there.

lee-mcfc said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

excatly!
we have made BIG progress from what we used to be like!.

watching wigan vs arse now i seriously do think we can get atleast a point or even win there.

I see no reason why we can't beat arsenal, if we play to our strengths the way we took Chelsea apart at Stamford bridge a few weeks back then we can be confident.
It will be interesting to see the response from the players next week after yesterdays heartbreak.

I've got to say it would not bother me too much to miss 4th. The main reason teams want to get into the CL is for money. Currently we are not in that boat. I would only want to get into it if I thought we could win it. I'd much rather win the Premier League and then make a realistic attempt at the Champions League. Our record against the better sides this year ( the level of teams we would meet in the Champions League is not that impressive).

Chelsea W W
United L L
Arsenal W
Liverpool D D
Villa D
Spurs L
Everton L L

Only 3 wins out of 11, and thinking back on those most were fair results. I would hate to just make up the numbers in the CL and miss out on a Title challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.