Top Gear is back

tbh I love Top Gear - hence in its current incarnation I watched the final ep of The Larkins.......Paddy fucking wotsisname and an ex-cricketer ffs - how long before via their controllers its gonna be all about climate - EV's and how the Stig went vegan?

I had it on but background viewing, the Eddie Kidd piece was good, probably wouldn't have seen that in the Clarkson days because it involved motorcycles.

They had other car journalists on before and it was crap because they weren't good presenters or as entertaining. I think the three they have now have the required camaraderie for the challenges.

They've already tested EVs. I remember saying to someone after Jeremy Clarkson got sacked that I thought the series was stale and the specials were really what people wanted to watch.

After a few seasons of cash thrown at them on amazon with that weird tent they went to specials only anyway.

TG is a bit of a strange programme anyway because it is traditionally formatted as a consumer test programme- but who has the sort of money to be able to purchase most of the high end cars they drive?

So daft challenges is the only way to make it work, although they have probably already done pretty all can do as a daft challenge in previous episodes.

I had it on but background viewing, the Eddie Kidd piece was good, probably wouldn't have seen that in the Clarkson days because it involved motorcycles.

They had other car journalists on before and it was crap because they weren't good presenters or as entertaining. I think the three they have now have the required camaraderie for the challenges.

They've already tested EVs. I remember saying to someone after Jeremy Clarkson got sacked that I thought the series was stale and the specials were really what people wanted to watch.

After a few seasons of cash thrown at them on amazon with that weird tent they went to specials only anyway.

TG is a bit of a strange programme anyway because it is traditionally formatted as a consumer test programme- but who has the sort of money to be able to purchase most of the high end cars they drive?

So daft challenges is the only way to make it work, although they have probably already done pretty all can do as a daft challenge in previous episodes.

I think its repeated on Tuesday and there is always iPlayer but its just not essential viewing for me now - to be fair to the current crop of presenters its hasn't been for some time and there are others to blame for that - its long since been a dead horse still being flogged

Forgot it was on but managed to catch it anyway. The Kidd feature was pure brilliance until right near the end...dear old Paddy shrieking over the final performance was embarrassing.

Harris doing very well getting close to a F1 driver.

The rest of it?

Tired. Old stuff rejigged. Should have retired it when the last lot left. No idea what Flintoff brings apart from stupid 70's glasses.

I'd watch top gear whoever presented it if I'm honest.
A nice hour before bed on a Sunday night.
It will never be as good as when Clarkson, Hammond and may presented it, but let's face it, Clarkson was the brains behind the success.
He's gone on to buy a bit of land and pretend to be a farmer whilst televising it and getting shit loads of money off Amazon.
May bought pub. Zzzzz
Hammond spunks loads of money on car resto bizz. Zzz.
I've always liked it, even when it was a proper car show with William Woolard and noel.
Fun fact, Chris goffey (one of the early presenters) is Danny goffeys (drummer out of supergrass) dad.

First episode of the new series was very mmmeeehh. Racing? Check. Vehicle stuck? Check. Injury to a presenter? Check. We have seen it all before. Time for a refresh.

First episode of the new series was very mmmeeehh. Racing? Check. Vehicle stuck? Check. Injury to a presenter? Check. We have seen it all before. Time for a refresh.

there's only so much you can do with the format anyway. They do seen to have moved away from actual car reviews and onto full on muppetry. Harris get's bullied a lot by the other two which is a little weird as he's the only thing on it worth watching. One's shouty all the time and one is out of his depth. Still.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.