Torres Again

Damocles said:
stimo said:
this isnt football manager. when will people realise we can't have 4 world class strikers

Yeah, having Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez is a disaster.

Also, United winning the CL with Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solksjaer didn't happen.

And Chelsea don't have Anelka, Sturridge, Drogba, Torres and Lukaku

And United don't have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda and Diouf.

Shall I go into Milan, Madrid and Barca or do you yet concede the point?
anelka has handed in a transfer request so is blatently not happy with his lack of games. lukaku isnt world class either, hes young with potential. wellbeck owen n berbatov arent world class.
im talking about player happiness and their disruptiveness in the dress room when they are unhappy about not playing every game.

stimo said:
Damocles said:
stimo said:
this isnt football manager. when will people realise we can't have 4 world class strikers

Also, United winning the CL with Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solksjaer didn't happen.

And United don't have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda and Diouf.

anelka has handed in a transfer request so is blatently not happy with his lack of games. lukaku isnt world class either, hes young with potential. wellbeck owen n berbatov arent world class.
im talking about player happiness and their disruptiveness in the dress room when they are unhappy about not playing every game.

Torres isn't playing every game now, so what difference does it make?

in a word... No. Sturridge back or drogba (as long as we dont pay a fortune for him) maybe. The best thing for torres would be to go back to spain and give himself a fresh start

Damocles said:
stimo said:
Damocles said:

Torres isn't playing every game now, so what difference does it make?
yeah and you're talking about a move in january, if he continues to stay on the bench he will make noises about wanting a transfer and that potentially could disrupt the squad unity. its obviously a good thing having 4 strikers of that calibre, but i think for the sake of the squad i reckon we're better off looking for a younger striker, like lukaku or wellbeck. willing to bide their time and not expecting to start every game. do you see my point now?

Torres would have the Rodney Marsh effect if he came in January! Trying to settle him in would destabilize us, there is much better to be had now and as mentioned we have our own good young striker who is looking better and better as a future fourth choice. Still waiting for the "form is temporary, class is permanent" mantra people repeat to come true with Torres after nearly two years of wank form now*.

* Hattrick against us then on Monday.

stimo said:
but i think for the sake of the squad i reckon we're better off looking for a younger striker, like lukaku or wellbeck.

We already have a striker the same age as Welbeck in our squad ;)

stimo said:
yeah and you're talking about a move in january, if he continues to stay on the bench he will make noises about wanting a transfer and that potentially could disrupt the squad unity. its obviously a good thing having 4 strikers of that calibre, but i think for the sake of the squad i reckon we're better off looking for a younger striker, like lukaku or wellbeck. willing to bide their time and not expecting to start every game. do you see my point now?

What exactly are you basing all of this off?

Torres has never caused trouble wherever he has been.

You're throwing out stereotypes that are unfounded

Ntini77 said:
Of course. I doubt they'd take a £30-35m loss, though.

I agree, but at the moment they're taking a £50 million loss. Plus wages. Plus the embarrassment and ridicule of doing so. I'd take him on loan in a heartbeat, maybe the pressure of playing for a move will spark him back into life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.