Torres Again

Damocles said:
stimo said:
yeah and you're talking about a move in january, if he continues to stay on the bench he will make noises about wanting a transfer and that potentially could disrupt the squad unity. its obviously a good thing having 4 strikers of that calibre, but i think for the sake of the squad i reckon we're better off looking for a younger striker, like lukaku or wellbeck. willing to bide their time and not expecting to start every game. do you see my point now?

What exactly are you basing all of this off?

Torres has never caused trouble wherever he has been.

You're throwing out stereotypes that are unfounded
hes generally been playing all the time though hasnt he, up untill now. stop acting stupid you know what i am talking about, im not gonna lick your arse cos you're a mod. my point is valid and i stand by it, id much rather have a younger player with potential on the bench who will bide his time rather than have tevez/torress/drogba/van persie or any world class player moaning that he hasnt got pitch time. no top player will settle for being a 4th choice striker, as i said it isnt a fucking manager simulation its real

Andouble said:
Damocles said:
stimo said:
this isnt football manager. when will people realise we can't have 4 world class strikers

Yeah, having Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez is a disaster.

Also, United winning the CL with Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solksjaer didn't happen.

And Chelsea don't have Anelka, Sturridge, Drogba, Torres and Lukaku

And United don't have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda and Diouf.

Shall I go into Milan, Madrid and Barca or do you yet concede the point?

you think Anelka, Sturridge, Lukaku, Welbeck, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda, Diouf are world
class? There's a difference between having a bunch of strikers in the squad and what we have.

Do you still believe Torres is world class?

stimo said:
Damocles said:
stimo said:
yeah and you're talking about a move in january, if he continues to stay on the bench he will make noises about wanting a transfer and that potentially could disrupt the squad unity. its obviously a good thing having 4 strikers of that calibre, but i think for the sake of the squad i reckon we're better off looking for a younger striker, like lukaku or wellbeck. willing to bide their time and not expecting to start every game. do you see my point now?

hes generally been playing all the time though hasnt he, up untill now. stop acting stupid you know what i am talking about, im not gonna lick your arse cos you're a mod. my point is valid and i stand by it, id much rather have a younger player with potential on the bench who will bide his time rather than have tevez/torress/drogba/van persie or any world class player moaning that he hasnt got pitch time. no top player will settle for being a 4th choice striker, as i said it isnt a fucking manager simulation its real

Do you even watch us play?

We play 2 and sometimes 3 strikers on the pitch at the same time. There's no such thing as a "fourth choice striker" at City. We have two 1st choice in their position (Balo/Dzeko) and 2 2nd choice in their position (Aguero/nobody) who rotate between them.

Even outside of this, Torres has started 5 games for Chelsea this year and has been benched the rest. He still isn't causing trouble.

Your whole argument seems to be based around "this isn't football manager", which should have been dismissed after I shown you the amount of strikers that other teams have without incident.

How do Milan keep their strikers happy? Magic? They have Robinho, Ibra, Pato, Cassano, Pippo and El Shaarawy and they all seem to be happy.

Damocles said:
stimo said:
Damocles said:

We play 2 and sometimes 3 strikers on the pitch at the same time. There's no such thing as a "fourth choice striker" at City. We have two 1st choice in their position (Balo/Dzeko) and 2 2nd choice in their position (Aguero/nobody) who rotate between them.

Even outside of this, Torres has started 5 games for Chelsea this year and has been benched the rest. He still isn't causing trouble.

Your whole argument seems to be based around "this isn't football manager", which should have been dismissed after I shown you the amount of strikers that other teams have without incident.

How do Milan keep their strikers happy? Magic? They have Robinho, Ibra, Pato, Cassano, Pippo and El Shaarawy and they all seem to be happy.
deary me.

im not talking about the amount of strikers we have, its the quality they have or think they have that will cause problems. we will see anyway, my mate seemsto think its nailed on we'll sign van persie in january. so if wecan keep 4 world class strikers happy for a season then i will hold my hands up, i just cant see it.

Damocles said:
Would you take him for £15m-£20m in January?

Seems like a good choice for a fourth striker, he'd fit our system perfectly (and even give us extra options) and his quality is undeniable.

Any thoughts?
I'd take him at the drop of a hat! I'd even swap him for the degenerate munster-head and be happy to do so. Quality player that just needs the right team to bring the best out of him - that's us....

Damocles said:
stimo said:
Damocles said:

We have Kun, Dzeko, Balotelli, Silva, Nasri and Adam Johnson

Damocles said:
stimo said:
this isnt football manager. when will people realise we can't have 4 world class strikers

Yeah, having Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez is a disaster.

Also, United winning the CL with Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solksjaer didn't happen.

And Chelsea don't have Anelka, Sturridge, Drogba, Torres and Lukaku

And United don't have Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda and Diouf.

Shall I go into Milan, Madrid and Barca or do you yet concede the point?
He was on about having 4 world class strikers and you pull out Welbeck,Hernandez,Berbatov,Owen and Diouf.WTF!

stimo said:
Damocles said:
stimo said:

deary me.

im not talking about the amount of strikers we have, its the quality they have or think they have that will cause problems. we will see anyway, my mate seemsto think its nailed on we'll sign van persie in january. so if wecan keep 4 world class strikers happy for a season then i will hold my hands up, i just cant see it.

Look at potentially how many games we could play, from end of Jan were gonna be on 2 games a week so rotation is a must, not a case of keeping players happy, a case of keeping players fit and not fatigued.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.