Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

As a visiting Liverpool fan, I come in peace and am not trying to cause trouble. I was directed onto this transfer board by some mates on another liverpool forum, and basically they said it's a laugh at how almost every thread here is Torres related. I looked on here, and it's true, how many Torres threads have you lot made!?

First things first, congratulations on an excellent season regardless of whether you hit fourth place or not, it's been a real step-up and established yourselves at the top of the table, however, one thing has to be addressed. It is the sheer arrogance that surrounds Eastlands these days, the kind of Arrogance I'm used to dealing with in the red side of Manchester. Mancini's interview the other day has infuriated Liverpool supporters because of how disrespectful you are being in your pursuit of our star player. The Arabs at City are taking it too far, John Terry last summer, Kaka and now Fernando Torres? Your Manager's actions the other day was nothing short of disgraceful, he really shouldn't be discussing his transfer plans to the media. But maybe, that was intended to cause up a stir.

My question is, looking at your current squad, it's got depth and it's decent. Adebayor, Tevez, Bellamy, Santa Cruz when all fit are excellent choices up front. Much better than Liverpool's non existent strike force, that basically is just Torres. So where is the need to spend £100 million pounds on another striker? when you already have a strike force that costed over 100 million to assemble? Tevez and Adebayor are good enough together. Which leads me onto my next point, which is why it is now undeniable that City are destroying football. You have a squad that is practically good enough to challenge for the title, maybe a better creative midfielder, another winger and a better centre back and your practically there. So where's the need for another £200 million summer blowout? Why strip other club's of their star players? To make City dominant worldwide? is that how you build a club to the top? Furthermore, the wages of your players is astronomical and is also disgraceful, I'm not going to go on about small club big club bollocks cause that's just being a snob. Every club deserves a chance at success, however, the way that Man City are going about it is pretty disgraceful and degrading for football. Building a title challenging squad is a 5+ year process, not 2 years. I sincerely hope you fail with your Torres bid, and Liverpool have a chance to rebuild this summer, because it is important to maintain the high standard of competition in the Premiership, I hope this clown Mancini either bucks up his ideas or someone more respectful comes into the job. It isn't the first time he's commented on Liverpool players, and it certainly won't be the last.

The arrogance of fans on here is pretty distasteful and it is inevitable that you are becoming the new united, the team you all universally despise on here.

eljefecito1709 said:
As a visiting Liverpool fan, I come in peace and am not trying to cause trouble. I was directed onto this transfer board by some mates on another liverpool forum, and basically they said it's a laugh at how almost every thread here is Torres related. I looked on here, and it's true, how many Torres threads have you lot made!?

First things first, congratulations on an excellent season regardless of whether you hit fourth place or not, it's been a real step-up and established yourselves at the top of the table, however, one thing has to be addressed. It is the sheer arrogance that surrounds Eastlands these days, the kind of Arrogance I'm used to dealing with in the red side of Manchester. Mancini's interview the other day has infuriated Liverpool supporters because of how disrespectful you are being in your pursuit of our star player. The Arabs at City are taking it too far, John Terry last summer, Kaka and now Fernando Torres? Your Manager's actions the other day was nothing short of disgraceful, he really shouldn't be discussing his transfer plans to the media. But maybe, that was intended to cause up a stir.

My question is, looking at your current squad, it's got depth and it's decent. Adebayor, Tevez, Bellamy, Santa Cruz when all fit are excellent choices up front. Much better than Liverpool's non existent strike force, that basically is just Torres. So where is the need to spend £100 million pounds on another striker? when you already have a strike force that costed over 100 million to assemble? Tevez and Adebayor are good enough together. Which leads me onto my next point, which is why it is now undeniable that City are destroying football. You have a squad that is practically good enough to challenge for the title, maybe a better creative midfielder, another winger and a better centre back and your practically there. So where's the need for another £200 million summer blowout? Why strip other club's of their star players? To make City dominant worldwide? is that how you build a club to the top? Furthermore, the wages of your players is astronomical and is also disgraceful, I'm not going to go on about small club big club bollocks cause that's just being a snob. Every club deserves a chance at success, however, the way that Man City are going about it is pretty disgraceful and degrading for football. Building a title challenging squad is a 5+ year process, not 2 years. I sincerely hope you fail with your Torres bid, and Liverpool have a chance to rebuild this summer, because it is important to maintain the high standard of competition in the Premiership, I hope this clown Mancini either bucks up his ideas or someone more respectful comes into the job. It isn't the first time he's commented on Liverpool players, and it certainly won't be the last.

The arrogance of fans on here is pretty distasteful and it is inevitable that you are becoming the new united, the team you all universally despise on here.

Tick tock....

eljefecito1709 said:

Right mate I can see why you have got worked up over this but, Mancini was asked "would you be interested in Fernando Torres in the summer?" to which he replied "Yes, Fernando is an outstanding player but all the top clubs in Europe would be interested in him so it would be very difficult". The media have now taken his comments which were obviosuly fished out by a sly journo and turned it into "Mancini declares Torres interest". When you actully look at his comments you can see he wasn't being arogant at all, but was backed into a corner.

Secondly we won't be spending £200m in the summer, the club spent this much last year to fast track the club's progress so that we could get into a position to challenge the top 4 quicker. If we were to finish 4th the maximum we would spend would most likely be around the £100m mark on 3 or 4 players to help us compete, and believe me, we won't be the only club to spend £100m+ in the summer.

Liverpool are a club I have great respect for but we will be challenging and overtaking you unless you get new ownership and start to invest in your team, that's not arrogance, that's there for everyone to see mate.

eljefecito1709 said:

Boo Hoo

eljefecito1709 said:

ahh ok..take care

oh what a surprise, a scouser telling us how arrogant we are. thanks for that.

people on here are just gossiping. every football fan loves a tasty rumour

until recently I wouldn't even have considered it a possibility, I'd have thought his heart was elsewhere, he'd only come for the money. but I honestly believe tevez + torres would be the same exact perfect match as villa + torres. it's good enough to win the league. maybe that might genuinely appeal to the boy... a genuine shot at winning the premiership ;)

IF he did leave, what would his other options be? Inter, Barca, Real, Juve. monstrously arrogant as it sounds I think real are tainted now, who goes there seriously thinking it's the best place to go and actually win trophies? Barca, well, I dunno. I reckon they'll stick with Ibra for at least one more year. Juve are in turmoil, it remains to be seen how this rebuilding 'project' pans out, how much cash they'll have to spend, how competitive they turn out to be. Inter, yes, I can see it, Moratti would pay the bills, they will probably win serie A again and again, and they might be ready to conquer europe. but we might just, just, be able to convince him he's not just a star name to us, he'd be THE focal point, the outstanding star man in a title winning team. the challenge is that this is a much stronger league than italy. he'd always play second fiddle to Messi at barca and they're already supreme without him.

mcfcliam said:
eljefecito1709 said:

Tick tock....

Hey ! any other info ?

eljefecito1709 said:

You`re having a laugh, you come in peace, lol, then proceed in a lengthy post to attempt to slaughter us. God knows what you would have posted if you had come looking for a fight. Anyway to prove that we are not arrogant i agree that we should NOT attempt to buy success, we will in future rely solely on home grown talent, and promise not to attempt to lure away you highly promising youth accademy player Fernando Torres.

The rank hypocrisy of tw*ts coming on here, and slagging City off, for doing no more than they have been doing for years is pathetic. The only reason, they and the Rags are whingeing, is because they are skint, and can no longer carry on "ruining football" in this "arrogant" way.

Rest assured if they could, they would

eljefecito1709 said:

Right my bin dipping friend where do i start with you?

Jealousy does not suit you, it's an horrible trait for any football fan to have to deal with, we prefer the more "envious" types!

I think your confusing "arrogance" for confidence!

Your not the mighty Liverpool at this moment in time, your 7 th in the league in fcuking turmoil, Gerrard will be offski soon and "likely" Torres too.

This is a city board and if we want 200 threads on Torres we will do, that ok wiv you?

You call our fans yet look what we've had to deal with for all these years, no success, shit management and still we're here, if any club deservesd their day in the sun it's M.C.f.C. we can all jump on the badwagon and "support already successful clubs", i think you get my drift!!!

Lastly for all your success i see your fans still have no class... taken from rawk......

"Man city are hilarious"

"A tin pot club who think they are the dogs bollocks now."
.............................................................................................................

"Torres will stay with us next season, but if we don't make the Champions League next season, I will have serious worries about his staying beyond that."

"Man City are just another bunch of rent boys, cheap ass vulgarians, Real Madrid wannabe galactico purchasing dreamers without any actual magic and achievment behind them, one of the worst things imaginable - bitter small men with a century of chips on their shoulder and endless loadsamoney to throw around in every direction."
.............................................................................................................

"A fair few of the tits over on bluemoon would turn down the oppurtunity to play in the Europa League next season if they could. Can you believe that, who the fuck do they think they are?"

since they have money they think they can have anything and to hell with the people standing in their way (see lescott last summer) - the people at the top of that club have no class whatsoever

"funniest thing of all is that this will end like their embarrassing pursuit of kaka and terry - failure and making them look like a bunch of idiots who think everyone is motivated by money, esp a guy who took a massive paycut to join their present club. utter fools" This dipper is fcuking arrogant!!

I see the noisy neighbours have turned into the classless Chelsea.

Let's hope that, now he is home from his road trip, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez emails Fernando Torres the words of Roberto Mancini. Backing up his illegal coveting of Torres, City manager Mancini said: 'I want players to understand that Manchester City are an important project for the future.'

How does that appeal, Nando? At the moment you're at England's most successful club but, hey, you've got the chance to play for a team that has, in the words of its manager, become a 'project'.

Everything we know about Torres suggests he'd rather play for England than play for a project. Let's hope he doesn't let us down.

And the arrogance of the fans of a "FORMER" great successful english club just oozez out, you see your not that great anymore infact ya pretty average.

Oh and you cnuts along with united have been buying the league for fcuking years, bigger transfer budgets than everyone else, seriously look on google for yours and the rags transfer spend over last 20 years you will see it's enormous i'm not wrong!!

Your fans have no class!! close the door on your way out..... oh and here's 50 dabs for nando's taxi :)

eljefecito1709 said:

Why do we have to build slowly, I dont see the point. If we can get the players in now we're going to do it.

Question for you, How will you re-build your squad without taking other teams 'star players'. What you going to do search every teams reserves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.