Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

Well, that was a heartfelt post...(whatever).

Now, it really will be interesting to see if your comments hold sway after your club has found itself a punter after she's been around trying to garner interest from passers by(there she is shaking her saggy melons at anyone who may look her way). Your two current American pimps have pretty much made your whore of a club(living on wrinkled looks and past glories forgetting it's not her hey day, any more) unattractive.

Now, say some rich punter who has heard of her past rep decides to spend some time with her, would you turn it down?? No. No you fooking wouldn't! Enough analogy.

If your club was in the same position as ours, you would be doing EXACTLY the same thing. Same as, the Scum has done, Ch£l$ki has done and Real has done. It's natural, you Clown.

Just because your not in the position to do it, right now, doesn't mean you won't. Your club is not 'holier than thou', by any stretch of the imagination.

Even if you hope it would be.

Bigga said:
eljefecito1709 said:
As a visiting Liverpool fan, I come in peace and am not trying to cause trouble. I was directed onto this transfer board by some mates on another liverpool forum, and basically they said it's a laugh at how almost every thread here is Torres related. I looked on here, and it's true, how many Torres threads have you lot made!?

First things first, congratulations on an excellent season regardless of whether you hit fourth place or not, it's been a real step-up and established yourselves at the top of the table, however, one thing has to be addressed. It is the sheer arrogance that surrounds Eastlands these days, the kind of Arrogance I'm used to dealing with in the red side of Manchester. Mancini's interview the other day has infuriated Liverpool supporters because of how disrespectful you are being in your pursuit of our star player. The Arabs at City are taking it too far, John Terry last summer, Kaka and now Fernando Torres? Your Manager's actions the other day was nothing short of disgraceful, he really shouldn't be discussing his transfer plans to the media. But maybe, that was intended to cause up a stir.

My question is, looking at your current squad, it's got depth and it's decent. Adebayor, Tevez, Bellamy, Santa Cruz when all fit are excellent choices up front. Much better than Liverpool's non existent strike force, that basically is just Torres. So where is the need to spend £100 million pounds on another striker? when you already have a strike force that costed over 100 million to assemble? Tevez and Adebayor are good enough together. Which leads me onto my next point, which is why it is now undeniable that City are destroying football. You have a squad that is practically good enough to challenge for the title, maybe a better creative midfielder, another winger and a better centre back and your practically there. So where's the need for another £200 million summer blowout? Why strip other club's of their star players? To make City dominant worldwide? is that how you build a club to the top? Furthermore, the wages of your players is astronomical and is also disgraceful, I'm not going to go on about small club big club bollocks cause that's just being a snob. Every club deserves a chance at success, however, the way that Man City are going about it is pretty disgraceful and degrading for football. Building a title challenging squad is a 5+ year process, not 2 years. I sincerely hope you fail with your Torres bid, and Liverpool have a chance to rebuild this summer, because it is important to maintain the high standard of competition in the Premiership, I hope this clown Mancini either bucks up his ideas or someone more respectful comes into the job. It isn't the first time he's commented on Liverpool players, and it certainly won't be the last.

The arrogance of fans on here is pretty distasteful and it is inevitable that you are becoming the new united, the team you all universally despise on here.

Well, that was a heartfelt post...(whatever).

Now, it really will be interesting to see if your comments hold sway after your club has found itself a punter after she's been around trying to garner interest from passers by(there she is shaking her saggy melons at anyone who may look her way). Your two current American pimps have pretty much made your whore of a club(living on wrinkled looks and past glories forgetting it's not her hey day, any more) unattractive.

Now, say some rich punter who has heard of her past rep decides to spend some time with her, would you turn it down?? No. No you fooking wouldn't! Enough analogy.

If your club was in the same position as ours, you would be doing EXACTLY the same thing. Same as, the Scum has done, Ch£l$ki has done and Real has done. It's natural, you Clown.

Just because your not in the position to do it, right now, doesn't mean you won't. Your club is not 'holier than thou', by any stretch of the imagination.

Even if you hope it would be.

Cracking post Bigga, my sentiments exactly mate!
bitter bitter scoucers.

Ok before an argument breaks out I'll just point a few things out.

For all you lot who say liverpool are average, a spent force, on their way down, have you got short term memory or are you ignoring the fact that we finished 2nd last year in the league with 86 points? This season we've had a horrible injury list, the worst in years and a bit of bad luck as well let's not forget things like the beach ball incident? So, one awful season for us, and one brilliant season for Man City, your 4 points above us in the league, and all of a sudden you're better than Liverpool now. I'm not gonna be arrogant, and throw around insults about club sizes etc. because I've already stated I don't buy into that, but that is a show of arrogance from you lot. Now, if you finish ahead of us again next season, and we have an awful season then I'll accept your points, but I don't think one bad season is enough to completely write us off and say Liverpool are finished. Furthermore, I can't remember who it is saying City won't be spending any more than about 100 million this summer, when Torres alone would cost you £100 million maybe more. How much will Fabregas and Ibrahimovic amongst others cost on top?

As such, former Anfield legend Alan Hansen says the club must provide him with all the funds he wants in the summer.

Let's hold on there a minute.

Benitez has spent £240million - more than anyone except Chelsea - and Liverpool haven't won anything since the FA Cup in 2006.

Wasn't Mancini just responding to a question in the first place? This is an extract from one of the pieces reporting the story:
Manchester City have been heavily linked with Torres for a number of months now and it is anticipated the Blues will make a bid for the currently injured Spain striker once the season is over. Mancini insists he has not even thought about the matter. However, the Blues chief does accept he will face competition if he does make a move.

"Fernando Torres is a fantastic striker," said Mancini. "But all the teams in Europe are interested in him."

He added: "We must get the rest of the matches out of the way first, then we will decide about other players."

Doesn't sound very disrespectful to Liverpool to me. The reasons the Spanish Waiter (now that is disrespectful) and the Scousers are getting their knickers in a twist is because they know or strongly fear that City are going to come in for Torres as soon as the season closes and they are currently bricking it that it will be an offer that neither they nor Torres can refuse. We'll find out soon enough but our manager has not been disrespectful and nor has our club in this matter.

Torres and Reina for Carlos Tevez - I'd do that deal =)

Do we really want Torres at City with his injury record wouldn't someone like Aguero or Higuaín be a better bet.
I know that Torres is a world class striker but i cannot see him coming to City as he has stated that the premier league is wrecking his body.
Yes i would love to see him in a City shirt but only if he wants to come and undertakes a very strict medical

Cartz said:
As such, former Anfield legend Alan Hansen says the club must provide him with all the funds he wants in the summer.

Let's hold on there a minute.

Benitez has spent £240million - more than anyone except Chelsea - and Liverpool haven't won anything since the FA Cup in 2006.

Rafa has had to sell to buy, he's spent 260 million, and sold 170 million worth of players. Think about that, furthermore, he's qualified for the CL every year, equalling 100 million worth of revenue. Meaning he's broke even. He's spent a lot of money on youth players to actually give us an academy, and he hasn't had the money to invest on players he wants, only what he can afford. Besides a few cases, Aquilani and Keane. Whereas look at some of your expensive flops, Robinho for 33 million? Lescott for 24 million? Vieira? Toure 14 million? Adebayor 25 million? Have these players been worth the money? Have you won anything since signing them?

eljefecito1709 said:
Ok before an argument breaks out I'll just point a few things out.

For all you lot who say liverpool are average, a spent force, on their way down, have you got short term memory or are you ignoring the fact that we finished 2nd last year in the league with 86 points? This season we've had a horrible injury list, the worst in years and a bit of bad luck as well let's not forget things like the beach ball incident? So, one awful season for us, and one brilliant season for Man City, your 4 points above us in the league, and all of a sudden you're better than Liverpool now. I'm not gonna be arrogant, and throw around insults about club sizes etc. because I've already stated I don't buy into that, but that is a show of arrogance from you lot. Now, if you finish ahead of us again next season, and we have an awful season then I'll accept your points, but I don't think one bad season is enough to completely write us off and say Liverpool are finished. Furthermore, I can't remember who it is saying City won't be spending any more than about 100 million this summer, when Torres alone would cost you £100 million maybe more. How much will Fabregas and Ibrahimovic amongst others cost on top?

Yeah yeah, blah blah.

I note that you don't answer the questions on how much you lot have spent over the years. Convenient to ignore, isn't it? Yeah, you finished with 89 points, last year, had an injury ravaged season this. The Scum has had its worse team for decades this year after losing one of its 'jewels', last.

So what's your point??

All that your desperate point shows me, is that your manager doesn't know how to utilise what little 'strength' in depth he has. Whereas(I really hate to say it) Taggart does.

Your other point about Torres costing £100M is what? It's been long speculated that that fee has been agreed upon. And? As for anyone else costing 'on top', well, that doesn't seem to be a problem to our super billionaire Sheik. Is it to yours??

Oh, sorry, you don't have one...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.