Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

ono said:
For all those going on about his captains armband, i'd like to point out that it actually says 'we'll never walk alone' and it was a gift given to him by some friends who play in a band. His friends have the motto tattooed on their arms.

The story of him having the Liverpool anthem under his arm band at Atletico is a complete fallacy.

I can't find the google link, but i saw it not so long ago.

yep, of course it doesn't stop the scousers claiming the armband as "'proof' he's a red"
Hope we get him and if we get top 4 I think we have a good chance, it wouldn't be right for a player of his ability to miss out on champions league football.

franksven said:
The Fixer said:
A recent interview with Torres....

Fernando Torres says Liverpool need 'four or five top-class players'

• Spanish striker rules out move back to La Liga
• Club remain 'a long way' from dominating Premier League

* Paul Coupar
* guardian.co.uk, Sunday 14 March 2010 10.46 GMT

Fernando Torres is happy in Liverpool but says the club must make big signings. Photograph: Adam Davy/Empics Sport

Fernando Torres has expressed the view that Liverpool need "four or five" top-class players.

New faces are needed because the side remain "a long way" from dominating the Premier League, Torres told the Spanish newspaper AS. "If we do not reinforce the squad," he said, "next year all we will be able to do is fight for fourth again.

"Being in the Champions League is not so important for me," admitted Torres of his manager Rafael Benítez's goal of a top-four finish. "What is really important is that the club makes an effort and brings in important players to improve the quality of the squad.

"I want to be fighting for the Premier League, the Champions League or the Europa League, but to do this we need signings to come. We need four or five top-class players to compete, players better than the ones we have."

However, Torres dismissed whispers of a move back to Spain this summer, with Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"I don't plan on going back to La Liga for a while. I have made my move away from home and I owe Liverpool a lot. I like it here, and people have treated me like one of their own. I am very happy here and hopefully my future is here. I think the club deserves to win again, but at this point they know they are a long way away.

"The fans are worried that players are going to leave and that's a problem. But I think the club will go the right way. Since Christian Purslow took over [as chief executive], we have signed a big new sponsorship deal and money has come in. So I think things will move forward."

Torres is contracted to Liverpool until 2013, having accepted more money last May. Asked if he had thought of leaving early, he said: "It's too early to talk about that."

Door well and truly wide open, not going back to spain so rules barca/madrid out, when asked if he had thought of leaving never said ruled it out, will liverpool really buy 5 class player? right now no imo, says CL aint all that to him and say's winning the prem is important, we are a huge proporsition for him reading that article.

Fixer, why the fuck do you do that to me mate ;)

*sneaks off to the little boys room, with large box of andrex and wet floor sign*

Lmao sorry mate :) you just have to read between the lines, i'll pay for his taxi to coms :)

bluesyob said:
the one reason i dont think this will ever happen is the fact that he was interviewed at the time we tried to sign kaka and he slated us stating that money cant buy history. but i may be wrong and i hope i am

I seem to think it was the twat Dirk Kuyt who said that. Maybe Torres said it as well but I don't recollect ever hearing about it.

Pam said:
bluesyob said:
the one reason i dont think this will ever happen is the fact that he was interviewed at the time we tried to sign kaka and he slated us stating that money cant buy history. but i may be wrong and i hope i am

I seem to think it was the twat Dirk Kuyt who said that. Maybe Torres said it as well but I don't recollect ever hearing about it.

I posted on page 7 pam, tbh this is from 15 moths ago, Torres prob hardly ever heard of us, how times change.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba</a> ... -chase.htm

Insight from another direction,seems to make me more positive Chelsea leave him to us

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article7106665.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 106665.ece</a>

Reds boss Benitez blasts Mancini over Torres swoop claims and plots move for Real Madrid star Van der Vaart

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:08 PM on 23rd April 2010

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

Fernando Torres

Hot property: Fernando Torres

Rafa Benitez has reacted angrily to Manchester City’s public pursuit of Fernando Torres as he prepares his own summer spending plans.

The Liverpool manager hit out at Roberto Mancini’s declaration of interest in Torres just hours after sounding out Real Madrid about a possible move for Rafael van der Vaart.

Mancini admitted: ‘We are a top team and I think all the top teams are interested in Torres.’

But Benitez replied: ‘There are some things in football that you cannot change, but when I saw those comments (from Mancini), I was not happy about it.

‘When you talk to Fernando, you realise he is happy to be a Liverpool player, so hopefully everything will be ok . He is not for sale.’

Benitez, though, is taking interest in an imminent clear-out at the Bernabeu that will include Van der Vaart, Lassana Diarra, Karim Benzema, Christoph Metzelder and Royston Drenthe.
Rafael van der Vaart

Target: Liverpool want Real Madrid and Holland star Rafael van der Vaart (left)

Liverpool took the opportunity of travelling to Madrid to hold talks with Real officials about available players and Benitez is believed to have singled out Van der Vaart as a potential target.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1268415/Liverpool-boss-Rafa-Benitez-blasts-Manchester-boss-Roberto-Mancini-Fernando-Torres-comments-plots-Real-Madrid-star-Rafael-van-der-Vaart.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0lxhxbVrG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0lxhxbVrG</a>

Pam said:
This issue has grabbed a fair bit of attention today and it doesn't start and end with just a transfer rumour. Liverpool's venemous reaction is another point of interest. There has been paranoid dipper talk all day long about how we're trying to destabilize them. Utter bollocks but they are clearly furious and no doubt on the blower to Torre's agent begging him for a public denial of the done deal rumours. There is still time, of course, but Torres is apparently saying nothing so far. The longer the silence, the better I'll like it. It is almost certainly not a done deal yet but there are plenty of reasons to think that the player would seriously consider a move to us.

First off, Torres won't stay with the dippers if they finish outside the top four (and they are going to).

Even if they fluked fourth spot, Torres will go unless the dippers can somehow convince him that they are willing and able to spend big over the summer. For Torres to stay with them, their failure to qualify for the CL would need to be a one season thing but the dippers are a club in decline. They need a new stadium, they are utterly broke and they haven't won the title in twenty years. They aren't going to manage a top four finish for many seasons to come without a massive and unexpected injection of mega cash for transfers and players wages. Torres will know that this is unlikely.

The only clubs that could outbid us for Torres would be RM and Barca. Torres is on record as saying he will never play for RM, no matter what, and as a Madrid lad, he wouldn't be mad keen on the Barca option either.

I honestly think that all things being equal, Torres is "getable" if we really want him.
good point, also with 'Pool up for sale will those yanks sell anything/anybody worth selling before they go? especially if its for.... lets say £80m

I'll only believe it when I see him holding a city scarf...

It's too easy for anyone to start a thread, claim to have inside info and not back it up in any way.

alextrueblue said:
Torres has 'you'll never walk alone' written on his arm in spanish. He has also said in numerous interviews, how much he loves liverpool and how he supported them as a kid, when all his mates were following real, athletico, barca or rags. He is also a very wealthy young man, who will not be motivated in the slightest by money. Liverpool will find a rich benefactor that is certain, it's a case of 'if' and not 'when'. OP the day he signs, i'll pick u up and take you to COMS to greet him and the beers are on me!

That was done with his mates who have the same and it stands for his group of friends and them saying that no matter what they will always be together

Its a known fact that he is a huge atletico fan. Its a liverpool myth that, that was wriiten because of his love for a team in demise when he was growing up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.