Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

Bigga said:
Cityisland said:
If we sign him and a tweak here and there in other positions then we will be title contenders. I am sure that Torres recognises this. It will be one season, tops. Its not the be all and end all and its not like Liverpool would be in a position to win the champs league or the prem (if by some miracle they qualify).

Thank you for saving me the bother of posting very similar thoughts.

Pleasure.

Cityisland said:
bluesyob said:
yeah but until we can offer chumps league football he wont come no matter how much money we offer him all football players are sportsmen and they want to play in champions league cos its the ultimate to them its as simple as that as far as im concerned

If we sign him and a tweak here and there in other positions then we will be title contenders. I am sure that Torres recognises this. It will be one season, tops. Its not the be all and end all and its not like Liverpool would be in a position to win the champs league or the prem (if by some miracle they qualify).

Torres was quoted the other week as saying basically the CL isn't the be all and end all for him as long as the team is striving to win the league, he then went onto say liverpool need 4/5 quality players.

Can be interpreted 2 ways

A) he means he will stay with liverpool if the don't get CL football as long as they bring in 4/5 quality players so they can go for title

B) He opened the door for us, ie even if we don't get CL football ( he won't look a twat for moving as he stated it's not to much of a hinderance to him as he knows we can spend and go for title.

Cityisland said:
bluesyob said:
yeah but until we can offer chumps league football he wont come no matter how much money we offer him all football players are sportsmen and they want to play in champions league cos its the ultimate to them its as simple as that as far as im concerned

yeah but i dont think we will qualify maybe im one of the few but if we finish 5th i will be so proud of the team and happy with where we are cos its progress and 5th was my prediction at the start of the season. no matter what anyone says 5th is a great finish and i wouldn't expect any more simply cos of the time i think the team needed to gel next season is a different matter and i will expect 4th at the least.
but as for signing a player like torres if we do then that would be amazing but im not going to hold my breath and if he doesnt come then i dont blame him cos of the calibre of player he is.
but its coming blue and i have every belief we will get there soon and im loving every minute of it dont think we are ready for the champs league yet but we are not far off.

Ntini77 said:

They don't quote any price for Liverpool, which suggests to me they are not covinced about stories that he is leaving and are unwilling to offer a price and lose money.

Having said that, I do believe he will stay in our league and could be tempted if we only get the chance to talk to him.

alextrueblue, I understand your apprehensions about us missing out and reliving the Kaka situation again, but it is also true to say that eventually we will make the breakthrough and sign a world class player in the near future.

Also, before Shankley turned up at Liverpool, they where a 2nd division side and lived in the shadows of their neighbours. History is about the past, whilst the future still has to be written!!

bluesyob said:
Cityisland said:
yeah but i dont think we will qualify maybe im one of the few but if we finish 5th i will be so proud of the team and happy with where we are cos its progress and 5th was my prediction at the start of the season. no matter what anyone says 5th is a great finish and i wouldn't expect any more simply cos of the time i think the team needed to gel next season is a different matter and i will expect 4th at the least.
but as for signing a player like torres if we do then that would be amazing but im not going to hold my breath and if he doesnt come then i dont blame him cos of the calibre of player he is.
but its coming blue and i have every belief we will get there soon and im loving every minute of it dont think we are ready for the champs league yet but we are not far off.

Amen brother. This season has been amazing.

If we dont qualify for the champions league then i will be bitterly disappointed (I would not be as disappointed if Liverpool or villa got it. I live on the isle of wight and there are alot of yids, they give me alot of stick). That is testiment to how well we have done that we are so close at this stage of the season.

Our time is imminent. I feel sure of that.

As for Torres, I just feel that this has legs. He is ambitious, and can surely see that we are better placed than Liverpool to win the big prizes.

If he comes, then others will follow. He would be the biggest signing yet.

Until he comes out and sez its bullshit, then i feel it can happen.

A recent interview with Torres....

Fernando Torres says Liverpool need 'four or five top-class players'

• Spanish striker rules out move back to La Liga
• Club remain 'a long way' from dominating Premier League

* Paul Coupar
* guardian.co.uk, Sunday 14 March 2010 10.46 GMT

Fernando Torres is happy in Liverpool but says the club must make big signings. Photograph: Adam Davy/Empics Sport

Fernando Torres has expressed the view that Liverpool need "four or five" top-class players.

New faces are needed because the side remain "a long way" from dominating the Premier League, Torres told the Spanish newspaper AS. "If we do not reinforce the squad," he said, "next year all we will be able to do is fight for fourth again.

"Being in the Champions League is not so important for me," admitted Torres of his manager Rafael Benítez's goal of a top-four finish. "What is really important is that the club makes an effort and brings in important players to improve the quality of the squad.

"I want to be fighting for the Premier League, the Champions League or the Europa League, but to do this we need signings to come. We need four or five top-class players to compete, players better than the ones we have."

However, Torres dismissed whispers of a move back to Spain this summer, with Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"I don't plan on going back to La Liga for a while. I have made my move away from home and I owe Liverpool a lot. I like it here, and people have treated me like one of their own. I am very happy here and hopefully my future is here. I think the club deserves to win again, but at this point they know they are a long way away.

"The fans are worried that players are going to leave and that's a problem. But I think the club will go the right way. Since Christian Purslow took over [as chief executive], we have signed a big new sponsorship deal and money has come in. So I think things will move forward."

Torres is contracted to Liverpool until 2013, having accepted more money last May. Asked if he had thought of leaving early, he said: "It's too early to talk about that."

Door well and truly wide open, not going back to spain so rules barca/madrid out, when asked if he had thought of leaving never said ruled it out, will liverpool really buy 5 class player? right now no imo, says CL aint all that to him and say's winning the prem is important, we are a huge proporsition for him reading that article.

For all those going on about his captains armband, i'd like to point out that it actually says 'we'll never walk alone' and it was a gift given to him by some friends who play in a band. His friends have the motto tattooed on their arms.

The story of him having the Liverpool anthem under his arm band at Atletico is a complete fallacy.

I can't find the google link, but i saw it not so long ago.

The Fixer said:
A recent interview with Torres....

Fernando Torres says Liverpool need 'four or five top-class players'

• Spanish striker rules out move back to La Liga
• Club remain 'a long way' from dominating Premier League

* Paul Coupar
* guardian.co.uk, Sunday 14 March 2010 10.46 GMT

Fernando Torres is happy in Liverpool but says the club must make big signings. Photograph: Adam Davy/Empics Sport

Fernando Torres has expressed the view that Liverpool need "four or five" top-class players.

New faces are needed because the side remain "a long way" from dominating the Premier League, Torres told the Spanish newspaper AS. "If we do not reinforce the squad," he said, "next year all we will be able to do is fight for fourth again.

"Being in the Champions League is not so important for me," admitted Torres of his manager Rafael Benítez's goal of a top-four finish. "What is really important is that the club makes an effort and brings in important players to improve the quality of the squad.

"I want to be fighting for the Premier League, the Champions League or the Europa League, but to do this we need signings to come. We need four or five top-class players to compete, players better than the ones we have."

However, Torres dismissed whispers of a move back to Spain this summer, with Real Madrid or Barcelona.

"I don't plan on going back to La Liga for a while. I have made my move away from home and I owe Liverpool a lot. I like it here, and people have treated me like one of their own. I am very happy here and hopefully my future is here. I think the club deserves to win again, but at this point they know they are a long way away.

"The fans are worried that players are going to leave and that's a problem. But I think the club will go the right way. Since Christian Purslow took over [as chief executive], we have signed a big new sponsorship deal and money has come in. So I think things will move forward."

Torres is contracted to Liverpool until 2013, having accepted more money last May. Asked if he had thought of leaving early, he said: "It's too early to talk about that."

Door well and truly wide open, not going back to spain so rules barca/madrid out, when asked if he had thought of leaving never said ruled it out, will liverpool really buy 5 class player? right now no imo, says CL aint all that to him and say's winning the prem is important, we are a huge proporsition for him reading that article.

Fixer, why the fuck do you do that to me mate ;)

*sneaks off to the little boys room, with large box of andrex and wet floor sign*

Here's an interview some 15 months ago just when we were bidding for kaka, Torres i must admit was quite condeming of us, how times change eh?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1119803/FERNANDO-TORRES-TALKS-TO-MARTIN-SAMUEL-Liverpools-Spain-superstar-Kaka-feeling-home-battle-stop-Manchester-Uniteds-title-chase.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -chase.htm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.