Torres - potential laughing stock.

C_T_I_D

If he stays with Liverpool beyond either this transfer window or next he will lose a lot of respect and credability for him pledging his loyalty to a club that will not be challenging for honours anytime soon and will not even be participating in European competition next season.

This is not a thread to state that I believe we should sign this player, but merely to discuss his lack of ambition. Surely he could see the writing was on the wall when Rafael Benitez left? He has been in bad form and yet I am a firm believer that the team on the whole is making him look shite due to the poor service that is provided (or more to the point, isn't provided) and the fact the team are crap in general. I don't think Tevez or Rooney would fare any better up front for Liverpool this season.

His form is ridiculous yet he proven that he is still capable of moments of magic which puts him amongst the best in the world which is why a top team would surely take a punt on him. He's not that old really and still got plenty of years in him. If we wasn't so immense up front I'd probably want him here, but that boat has long sailed.

Why do you think he has remained at Liverpool? Not as if he couldn't increase his wages and win silverwear elsewhere is it and I'm sure Liverpool fans would understand his departure and perhaps even welcome it given his form?

Thoughts?

C_T_I_D said:
If he stays with Liverpool beyond either this transfer window or next he will lose a lot of respect and credability for him pledging his loyalty to a club that will not be challenging for honours anytime soon and will not even be participating in European competition next season.

This is not a thread to state that I believe we should sign this player, but merely to discuss his lack of ambition. Surely he could see the writing was on the wall when Rafael Benitez left? He has been in bad form and yet I am a firm believer that the team on the whole is making him look shite due to the poor service that is provided (or more to the point, isn't provided) and the fact the team are crap in general. I don't think Tevez or Rooney would fare any better up front for Liverpool this season.

His form is ridiculous yet he proven that he is still capable of moments of magic which puts him amongst the best in the world which is why a top team would surely take a punt on him. He's not that old really and still got plenty of years in him. If we wasn't so immense up front I'd probably want him here, but that boat has long sailed.

Why do you think he has remained at Liverpool? Not as if he couldn't increase his wages and win silverwear elsewhere is it and I'm sure Liverpool fans would understand his departure and perhaps even welcome it given his form?

Thoughts?

I think because he is genuinly loyal to the club - sure he will stay this transfer window and wait to see what the summer brings

His form looks like it is picking up and i think if he stays and Murderpool buy in some decent players under Daglish they could do well next season - assuming of course they dont get relegated this season

if he leaves he will get slated for not being loyal and for not helping to stay and fight, if he stays he gets accused of lack of ambition.. no win situation for him me thinks , personally id love to see him here, especially if tevez is planning to fuck off

C_T_I_D said:

Thoughts?

If they dont spend or promise to spend he'll be off like a rat out of an aquaduct :)

I think you'll find that Benitez will be back managing the dippers next season and that's why Torres will stay.

Apparently it's the legal side of things that have held up his appointment, something to do with his pay off from dipperpool

But as was said previous TPP if they do not invest, and rather heavily, in their playing squad then they will not be able to keep a player of his calibre nor will Riena want to stay either. Why would they want to play for a place in midtable when their talent dictates they should be playing at a much superior level and competing to win things with a more prestigious club?

If Rafa has that kind of pulling power over Torres I will be surprised. I do not know why he would sacrifice his career or put it in jeapordy for the Liverpool cause. It is a short career in football and if the club maintain these standard of performances, he may miss out on his last BIG move to a top elite club to add a few titles and cups to his name.

It depends how happy he is living where he does and by all accounts Torres is quite an honorable man (apart from his misdemeanor of shagging about) and he really did his research before joining Liverpool

tbh i think he's loyal by nature. he was loyal to athletico and he's doing the same at liverpool. the chances of him moving to us, united or chelsea are very low. eitherway he's on a sinking ship at the moment and needs to get away as soon as possible. italy would be an option, ac or inter maybe. i can't see him returning to spain unless it's back athletico.

I'd like to think that there are players about that wouldn't desert any sinking ship purely for money. If he does stay and try to get his club going again I'd gain a great deal of respect for him - well as much as is possible for a scouser.

Let's wait and see though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.