Torres - potential laughing stock.

what i would say in torres and reina's defence, is that silva said they told him great things about city, i actually think torres is desperate to join us tbh

auction294 said:
I've not forgotten his or Reina's interviews. Whether they were miss quoted, or their quotes were taken out of context is irrelevant. Some basis of fact must have been contained and both of them were very critical of us.

As a player I would love to see somebody of his calibre playing for us, whether I want him at the club is another matter. We are now fortunate that we can look at Torres and say, we don't really need you.

To address the original question; Torres will never be a laughing stock, in fact his loyalty and ambition are probably seen as laudable by his peers. If he judges sucess by medals then he wont realise that at Liverpool in the short term but we shouldn't get complacent or even arrogant. Liverpool will again be a force to be reckoned with. It's not history, they have experience as a club. We mock them in jest, good old fashioned banter but we should never dismiss them as that would be what the scum have become self opinionated and arrogant of others.

The dippers havn't been a gennuine force in the league for years and years now imo. They need to be careful, once upon a time we were too big to go down, so were Forest, so were Leeds. If they begin to chop and change managers every few months and cling desperately on to a few players in a kinkladze & rosler type manner. The y need investment and new players or else they could be in serious trouble.

Lose respecting by not bailing at his first chance? Haha are you serious? What a dumb thing to write.

Maybe he sees real ambition as trying to help Liverpool recapture former glories as opposed to merely joining a club who would win trophies whether he was there or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced he'll stay, I think he'll leave in the summer but I do find it absurd that people think a player is only being ambitious if he joins a club who are already successful.

12 Everton 21 5 10 6 23 25 3 4 3 12 13 2 6 3 11 12 -2 25
13 Liverpool 21 7 4 10 25 29 6 2 2 17 8 1 2 8 8 21 -4 25

The blue and red dippers are fighting for relegation in their derby this Sunday.
We could have been in their shoes now if not for Sheikh Mansour.

auction294 said:
I've not forgotten his or Reina's interviews. Whether they were miss quoted, or their quotes were taken out of context is irrelevant. Some basis of fact must have been contained and both of them were very critical of us.

As a player I would love to see somebody of his calibre playing for us, whether I want him at the club is another matter. We are now fortunate that we can look at Torres and say, we don't really need you.

To address the original question; Torres will never be a laughing stock, in fact his loyalty and ambition are probably seen as laudable by his peers. If he judges sucess by medals then he wont realise that at Liverpool in the short term but we shouldn't get complacent or even arrogant. Liverpool will again be a force to be reckoned with. It's not history, they have experience as a club. We mock them in jest, good old fashioned banter but we should never dismiss them as that would be what the scum have become self opinionated and arrogant of others.
A thoughtful comment. Even though clubs are our rivals we should respect them. I think Torres is trying to be loyal and I applaud him for that. I do think however he has shown tempermental problems that would make me question whether we should try to sign him in summer. I expect him to go to Spain or even Italy.

dref619 said:
like said above, if he is loyal to liverpool he doesnt look like it, looks like someone who doesnt want to be there to be honest

It's the happy go lucky look he always portay's that gives it away.

Plain Speaking said:
auction294 said:

A thoughtful comment. Even though clubs are our rivals we should respect them. I think Torres is trying to be loyal and I applaud him for that. I do think however he has shown tempermental problems that would make me question whether we should try to sign him in summer. I expect him to go to Spain or even Italy.

where could he go though ? barca dont need/ wont buy him , he'd never go to real madrid, ac wouldnt need him with their forward line, to me it leaves inter or a return to athletico, which would only happen if they let aguero go the other way. in this country i think we'r the only team that would ever consider buying him. i think he's stuck at liverpool now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.