Torres - potential laughing stock.

dctid said:
C_T_I_D said:
If he stays with Liverpool beyond either this transfer window or next he will lose a lot of respect and credability for him pledging his loyalty to a club that will not be challenging for honours anytime soon and will not even be participating in European competition next season.

This is not a thread to state that I believe we should sign this player, but merely to discuss his lack of ambition. Surely he could see the writing was on the wall when Rafael Benitez left? He has been in bad form and yet I am a firm believer that the team on the whole is making him look shite due to the poor service that is provided (or more to the point, isn't provided) and the fact the team are crap in general. I don't think Tevez or Rooney would fare any better up front for Liverpool this season.

His form is ridiculous yet he proven that he is still capable of moments of magic which puts him amongst the best in the world which is why a top team would surely take a punt on him. He's not that old really and still got plenty of years in him. If we wasn't so immense up front I'd probably want him here, but that boat has long sailed.

Why do you think he has remained at Liverpool? Not as if he couldn't increase his wages and win silverwear elsewhere is it and I'm sure Liverpool fans would understand his departure and perhaps even welcome it given his form?

Thoughts?

I think because he is genuinly loyal to the club - sure he will stay this transfer window and wait to see what the summer brings

His form looks like it is picking up and i think if he stays and Murderpool buy in some decent players under Daglish they could do well next season - assuming of course they dont get relegated this season

He looks demoralised. If he's loyal to Liverpool, it doesn't show in his play. he plays like he couldn't be bothered, but appearances can be deceptive. Maybe he's loyal but at the same time he can't carry the weight of expectation?

However to be a great player you need mental strength.

Bit surprised that a player should attract criticism for staying at a club, when a lot of football fans complain that they have little in common with players who show little in the way of loyalty to their club.

Players can't win. They are either mercenaries, or they aren't mercenary enough

Agree completely. If he stays with the dippers (especially after saying he would) then he deserves respect for his loyalty.
Fact is that if he did move then I don't think he'd get the money that the media have hyped up.
He's not playing well at all and the big clubs want players who are good and can get better - not who have been good but now only manage the odd moment once in a while.
He was good but he's had too many knocks and hasn't got the heart or the edge anymore . . a lot of genius players burn out like that - especially those who rely to a large degree on blinding speed.
Look at what happened to wonder boy owen . . .

I hope torres stays loyal and stays with the dippers because if he did leave we might be daft enough to buy him and his creaky knees.

please no, we don't need Torres.

I think he will stay at Liverpool. the owners will want him to stay and will make it attractive for him.

he took his goal against blackpool well to be fair to him i would have him at city in a heart beat and if tevez goes he would be a great replacement

there may be all sorts of corridor talk & nudge nudges at liverpool but tbh i think torres has, to a certain extent, painted himself into a corner. he was bigging up liverpool for a good while after he signed, with all the trophies he'd be winning with the dippers, as well as getting a dig in at city, saying he wouldn't join us for the money, etc. so in regards to staying he'll be damned if he does (lack of ambition) & damned if he doesn't (disloyal & moving for more money, etc.).

He'd go up in my estimation if he pledged his future to them.

Let's not forget that we were shit until recently and would have loved any show of loyalty from our better players.

If he's happy at Liverpool and aware that he's not going to be winning much then good on him.

Bizarre thread! He'd be a laughing stock for staying loyal to a club he says he loves through the dark day? Quite the opposite I'd say.

like said above, if he is loyal to liverpool he doesnt look like it, looks like someone who doesnt want to be there to be honest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.