Torres

nmc said:
He's been a terrible signing for Chelsea. £50m fee, must be circa £10m a year in wages - I know Chelsea have tried to move him on a few times but his wages (and his performances) have proved a barrier. Can't see Milan getting anywhere near Torres present wage.

The sad thing is he is not as bad as his performances have shown. He is certainly not the best striker in the world but he is better than most in the Serie A, La Liga, and Bundesliga. But his confidence is gone and until he finds a situation where it can be rebuilt he will look nothing like his previous lethal self.

sir baconface said:
Reportedly on £180k a week and Milan trying to get Chelsea to pay some of his wages while on loan. Chelsea currently baulking at that.

Simple choice for Chelsea. Pay Torres not to play at Chelsea or pay Torres to play in Milan - either way they continue to pay a heavy price for a vanity signing.

Wow :-
Chelsea's Fernando Torres joins AC Milan on two-year loan

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is to join AC Milan on a two-year loan deal.
The Spain international's move to Italy is subject to him agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
The 30-year-old former Liverpool and Atletico Madrid forward joined Chelsea in a £50m deal in January 2011.
He has scored 20 goals in 110 appearances for the Blues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28991464

I'm guessing that's to the end of his contract?

MeatHunterrr said:
£50 million well spent I suppose
Plus a minimum of £23 million in wages at a guess.

Edit :- and that's presuming Chelsea aren't subbing his wages for the next 2 years as well.

ColinLee said:
MeatHunterrr said:
£50 million well spent I suppose
Plus a minimum of £23 million in wages at a guess.

Edit :- and that's presuming Chelsea aren't subbing his wages for the next 2 years as well.

I wouldn't have thought they are subbing his wages, surely that'll be the reason they are letting him run down his contract on a 2 year loan. AC are effectively paying a loan fee to Chelsea, instead of signing him for a transfer fee, and that is then going straight back to Torres to top up what wages AC are prepared to pay.

Galliani having Chelsea's pants down, makes a change from it being us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.