totally underwhelmed

Spindash said:
calculated said:
if it wasn't for hart we'd have lost 4-0, maybe more, so let's get real, Mancini got it all wrong and its easy see why he's favorite for the sack first with the bookies.

We probably would have lost without a goalkeeper, correct.

Tactical wizardry from Mancini to select one.

LOL - brilliant!

Some pretty mad comments on this 34 page thread. First game, disjointed pre-season, world cup players back late, away at spurs, who are a better than decent free-scoring side at home - it's a great point. Thought city bossed the midfield for the second half and were never really in any danger. Lady luck shined in the first half, and that had nothing to do with mancini's formation or ambitions for the match, it was spurs speed of attack that was causing problems for a completely overwhelmed city midfield. What was a problem was the ball kept coming back as city had no one to make it stick up top - so some thought will need to go into working out who the best striker is for that role in the future. That gap made the formation and performance look more negative than it really should appear.

on a different note this very minute, i just saw academica score the goal of the season at benfica on bet365 at 90+3 :) glad i never punted on that. 30 yard chips rule.

anyway, back on point. stop greetin' about attacking verve, the season is 2 minutes old and you just took away 2 point from one of your main rivals for a top 4 finish. Take 4 points of all your top 4 rivals and do the business against the rest of the table, and you will win the league...

Yeah if Mancini only wasn't so negative, we could've given Chelsea a kicking at their home ground last season...

..and score 11 goals in two games against Burnley and Brum in the tail end of the season.

Now that'd be football I'd pay to see.

Oh wait.

larderland said:
gregblag said:
Great post.

one of the best posts iv ever read on here ono,you summed it up unbelieveably well.il put my house on it that tottenham will never have a 35 mins like they did in the first half for the rest of the season!!

as some wise soul on here said - that's as good as it gets for Spurs but we will get better and better!

GStar said:
Whats also a pity is City posters slagging others off for daring to question much more long term tactics than simply yesterday.

Or being huge hypocrites by backing Mancini to the hilt and giving other managers no time of day what so ever.

Thats the real shame, that people like that are about.

When Hughes was the manager I backed him and argued (not on bluemoon, hadn't joined then) that he should be given more time. After he was replaced I got to see what some fans had been saying - Hughes was inflexible and didn't have top class ability.

I like Mancini. I like his style, I like the players he has bought. Some games under him have been boring and frustrating but no manager in the world is going to be perfect.

Mancini has a great managerial record. There is no reason to believe he will fail, there is every reason to believe he will succeed. It will help him to succeed if he has the support, confidence and belief of the City fans.

The past has gone and it doesn't matter who supported or didn't support who. Backing Mancini will help Man City football club forward. Why are you trying to stir the shit by suggesting that backing Mancini to the hilt is hypocritical?

I backed Allison when he was manager. It turned out that Allison was a terrible manager who ruined a great City side. I don't regret it. Nobody knew it would turn out that way and that's what supporters do, they support the team - and that has to include supporting the manager.

Am I a hypocrite then?

I believe Mancini is doing everything he knows to turn City into a great side. I think City fans should cheer him and his teams. I don't care who other fans have supported or not in the past as long as they support Mancini and the City team now.

It's not always going to be easy. Sometimes the team is going to look poor. Sometimes the manager is going to look clueless. It happens to all managers. By giving the manager our unreserved support we are giving him the best chance to succeed. That's what I want. If you don't want it then I would not call you a City fan.

I also trust the intelligence of the owners of Man City. As long as Mancini is in charge then he is being trusted to get the job done. I think he will be shown a great deal more patience than the putrid media will give credit for and many City fans will show him. It's all to the good because we are on the way up.

I think it is going to take a few folks some time to get used to the 'new City'. We've all just watched a world cup where it was pretty much universally agreed that keeping the ball beats 'high intensity effort.' Given the short time our players have had together, to end up with 69% possession against Spuds away is astonishing. It doesn't take much imagination to believe that had Silva et al had more playing time together, we would have taken all three points in the second half. As ono has pointed out, Spuds' onslaught may have looked exciting - but it produced no goals. To be honest, the first 35 mins was probably a classic example of why the Premier League is so popular worldwide. I don't ever expect City to produce a performance like Spuds did at any time in the near future. We'll be too busy passing our way to points, titles and trophies. Personally, I'm going to enjoy it as I quite like watching a team keep the ball. I take the point about having nothing forward of Silva on many occasions on Saturday - but I think that's probably down to Tevez not quite getting to grips with the formation on this occasion.
We are going to have a very very good time over the next few years. It will be different in more ways than we perhaps expect.

gregblag said:
GStar said:
Whats also a pity is City posters slagging others off for daring to question much more long term tactics than simply yesterday.

Or being huge hypocrites by backing Mancini to the hilt and giving other managers no time of day what so ever.

Thats the real shame, that people like that are about.

When Hughes was the manager I backed him and argued (not on bluemoon, hadn't joined then) that he should be given more time. After he was replaced I got to see what some fans had been saying - Hughes was inflexible and didn't have top class ability.

I like Mancini. I like his style, I like the players he has bought. Some games under him have been boring and frustrating but no manager in the world is going to be perfect.

Mancini has a great managerial record. There is no reason to believe he will fail, there is every reason to believe he will succeed. It will help him to succeed if he has the support, confidence and belief of the City fans.

The past has gone and it doesn't matter who supported or didn't support who. Backing Mancini will help Man City football club forward. Why are you trying to stir the shit by suggesting that backing Mancini to the hilt is hypocritical?

I backed Allison when he was manager. It turned out that Allison was a terrible manager who ruined a great City side. I don't regret it. Nobody knew it would turn out that way and that's what supporters do, they support the team - and that has to include supporting the manager.

Am I a hypocrite then?

I believe Mancini is doing everything he knows to turn City into a great side. I think City fans should cheer him and his teams. I don't care who other fans have supported or not in the past as long as they support Mancini and the City team now.

It's not always going to be easy. Sometimes the team is going to look poor. Sometimes the manager is going to look clueless. It happens to all managers. By giving the manager our unreserved support we are giving him the best chance to succeed. That's what I want. If you don't want it then I would not call you a City fan.

I also trust the intelligence of the owners of Man City. As long as Mancini is in charge then he is being trusted to get the job done. I think he will be shown a great deal more patience than the putrid media will give credit for and many City fans will show him. It's all to the good because we are on the way up.

Amen to this. Well said.

Personally I had no issues with the team he ran out onto the field or the result. I get the criticism. Fair enough. But the journos' field days are just too much. Yaya was poor? Kolarov was dominated? Laughable. Yaya's class was evident. Kolarov was solid back there - far more so than Richards. Silva came into the game pretty well as it went along, although I suspect he'd be the first to say it was a different game than he's used to playing. Spuds were favored. Spuds had taken 11 out of 12 from the Blues. Spuds dominated the first half. But the second half we were much improved. And the players on offer were all very sound technically. It won't happen in a week or even two weeks. Silva, Yaya and the rest will need some time to adjust to the English game, etc. But you could see the class on offer in that second half. We possessed the ball well and controled the tempo of that game in the second half. Yes, we played for a point. How'd a point have changed the league results last season?

AustinBlue said:
gregblag said:

Am I a hypocrite then?

Amen to this. Well said.

I second this.

Forza Mancini

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.