totally underwhelmed

de niro said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
No offence De Niro but before the Valencia game you were going on about how worried you were. After the game you suggested we'd barely concede a goal all season.

If we beat Liverpool, I'm sure you'll be predicting 36 consecutive league wins. Should we lose, you'll blame it all on Mancini and predict relegation.

i also said we'd just about stay up on 38points after 38 0-0 draws. i can't see us losing i really can't but ffs we have a tremendous squad of quality players, bob uses those quality players to little effect, these are top notch players and we should take the shackles off, let the opposition worry about us for a change.
i think we should keep the jury out untill we've played a few games, let the new players "bed in" after that we'll all have a better idea of the shape of the team.

bottom line is and i dont think its too much to ask.

i want to be entertained for the now obscene amount of dosh i fork out to watch my beloved city up and down the country.

Well said mod ;) lol

Just want mancini to let the talent we got to go out and play instead of bein scared of getting beat, draws are wot cost us last season....

scorer said:
Okay Svennis..... we also

Beat Wigan 3-0
Beat United 2-1
Beat Fulham 2-1
Beat Scunthorpe 4-2...... wait a minute.

My point was you can hardly call a team that scores as many goals as it did negative (IMO) which is what many on here are hell bent on doing.

Just give Mancini time to get his players playing his game and then after say... 10 matches revisit the question of negativity.. thats all (some) people are asking.

I'd say a full season to be honest. I know I said Xmas earlier but in reality the guy needs a full season.

Although I honestly think that should we win 8 consecutive games 1-0, people will still moan about the football even if we're top of the league and still in all cups.

You can't please all of the people all of the time and people expecting us to flamboyantly destroy all competition, scoring 3 and playing sexy football will be very disappointed.

Chelsea and United are allowed to grind out results against the odds. We're not, we must win by a big margin and make the total football of the legendary Dutch side side look like Hyde on a bad day.

scorer said:
Okay Svennis..... we also

Beat Wigan 3-0
Beat United 2-1
Beat Fulham 2-1
Beat Scunthorpe 4-2...... wait a minute.

My point was you can hardly call a team that scores as many goals as it did negative (IMO) which is what many on here are hell bent on doing.

Just give Mancini time to get his players playing his game and then after say... 10 matches revisit the question of negativity.. thats all (some) people are asking.

Thats fine by me.

Im hoping his negativity is down to the squad not yet being completed to his ideas. However it very nearly is. Players in and those he doesnt rate or like shipped out. Very much the situation Hughes was in last season having been given the chance to shape 'his' squad.

The negativity has to stop against the so called 'big' teams. I fully expect us to be on top for large periods against the dippers. If we play to contain I will be dismayed as this squad has so much to give.

Lol mancini said wait untill he gets his own players sorted, then we will see the good football.
We have just played one game against the 4th best team in the league and you moan?
Pretty lame come back at christmas.

de niro said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
No offence De Niro but before the Valencia game you were going on about how worried you were. After the game you suggested we'd barely concede a goal all season.

If we beat Liverpool, I'm sure you'll be predicting 36 consecutive league wins. Should we lose, you'll blame it all on Mancini and predict relegation.

i also said we'd just about stay up on 38points after 38 0-0 draws. i can't see us losing i really can't but ffs we have a tremendous squad of quality players, bob uses those quality players to little effect, these are top notch players and we should take the shackles off, let the opposition worry about us for a change.
i think we should keep the jury out untill we've played a few games, let the new players "bed in" after that we'll all have a better idea of the shape of the team.

i want to be entertained for the now obscene amount of dosh i fork out to watch my beloved city up and down the country.

Okay, well I agree with the defence, but you have to remember Silva & Tevez came back late from the world cup, barely played together and silva had to go to mexico mid-week. Shauny didn't play well and yes maybe Mancini was a bit too negative, but I saw a change in the 2nd half where we were quite a lot more composed and threatening and if Tevez would have stayed as a lone striker we could have done better. He made a few mistakes, but I only think we'll get better and the camera shots of him on the touchline showed he wasn't happy with how we were playing and he was shouting at players to change things etc. Ultimately I think we all need to be patient and give it a few weeks and hopefully see the improvement game by game, I think it just needs time. On you wanting to be entertained, I don't want to sound rude or arrogant but you choose to pay to go, and football is a results business, not an entertainment one, so really you pay to go and support the team and hope they win, they don't set out to please the fans, they set out to win, or get the result the manager wants from them. They can't play well all the time, especially first up in a difficult away game in not an ideal situation. Obviously it's ideal to play well and win, but you can't do that all the time. I know last season gave a poor impression in big games with our negativity, but I do believe we'll improve in these with Mancini's own players when they've bedded in, I just think we all need to give them a chance and be patient, and 2bh although this season is more expensive, you must have paid to watch some absolute shite over the years, I think a 0-0 draw with Spurs after the game last season can't be that bad, surely?

We were up against a very bouyed team on Saturday.

They are on the verge of their first CL campaign.
They were at home, first game of the season.
They were playing their whipping boys.
They were up for it, like few team we will play this season.

They walked away like we did last season. The visiting team were given a wholloping for the first 30 minutes and the home team fell away in the second half.

There were many parallels in those two matches and despite the o.p. having a few good points, i think when the team is settled and knowing what each other is capable of, we will move steadily forward.

Johnsonontheleft said:
dw7 said:
3 new players started yesterday 1 went off at half time and 1 has only played 35 min pre season with the team

2 of our old players cost us a win swp and richards swap them for johnson and botange and it would of been different

Fuck me that's a twisted viewpoint.

What actually happened is that Joe Hart saved us a hiding.

I'm going to quote Brian Clough when it was suggested to him that only the brilliance of Peter Shilton stood between Forest and a heavy defeat:"That's what he's paid for".

Peter Schmiechal was a fantastic goalkeeper and ridiculously difficult to beat. He saved United on countless occasions. Don't apologise for Hart and the times that he saves us. Just be glad we've got him.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
de niro said:
i think we should keep the jury out until we've played a few games, let the new players "bed in" after that we'll all have a better idea of the shape of the team.

Okay, well I agree with the defence, but you have to remember Silva & Tevez came back late from the world cup, barely played together and silva had to go to mexico mid-week. Shauny didn't play well and yes maybe Mancini was a bit too negative, but I saw a change in the 2nd half where we were quite a lot more composed and threatening and if Tevez would have stayed as a lone striker we could have done better. He made a few mistakes, but I only think we'll get better and the camera shots of him on the touchline showed he wasn't happy with how we were playing and he was shouting at players to change things etc. Ultimately I think we all need to be patient and give it a few weeks and hopefully see the improvement game by game, I think it just needs time. On you wanting to be entertained, I don't want to sound rude or arrogant but you choose to pay to go, and football is a results business, not an entertainment one, so really you pay to go and support the team and hope they win, they don't set out to please the fans, they set out to win, or get the result the manager wants from them. They can't play well all the time, especially first up in a difficult away game in not an ideal situation. Obviously it's ideal to play well and win, but you can't do that all the time. I know last season gave a poor impression in big games with our negativity, but I do believe we'll improve in these with Mancini's own players when they've bedded in, I just think we all need to give them a chance and be patient, and 2bh although this season is more expensive, you must have paid to watch some absolute shite over the years, I think a 0-0 draw with Spurs after the game last season can't be that bad, surely?

you are spot on with most you say, we have watched dross, i do choose to pay out but i do so to watch city, win or lose, either way though its still supposed to be an entertainment industry, well to me anyway.
i know that we did not have our squad out there yesterday, i'm sure when all are fit we'll be a different proposition, at least we can judge where we are really at.
my real fears are regardless of the quality and size of our very expensive squad we'll still play negative football, that would be a bloody shame.

a draw at spurs yesterday was a fantastic result, at our place though i want a win and for that we have to score, lets hope the "bedding in" is done by then.

samharris said:
I gave hughes shit for 18 months of shit with his own team the final straw was the 3-0 loss to spuds, youre giving Bob shit after 1 game with his own team after a 1-1 draw with spuds..

Let's play a little game its called spot the difference ;)

So you started give Hughes shit straight away? ;)

I'm not giving Mancini shit either, it's something i've noticed throughout his tenure, not 1 game.

de niro said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:

you are spot on with most you say, we have watched dross, i do choose to pay out but i do so to watch city, win or lose, either way though its still supposed to be an entertainment industry, well to me anyway.
i know that we did not have our squad out there yesterday, i'm sure when all are fit we'll be a different proposition, at least we can judge where we are really at.
my real fears are regardless of the quality and size of our very expensive squad we'll still play negative football, that would be a bloody shame.

a draw at spurs yesterday was a fantastic result, at our place though i want a win and for that we have to score, lets hope the "bedding in" is done by then.

so do I, I'd be agreeing with you if we didn't, I'd rather lose 3 more games to win 3 more, than draw them, though I'd probably always take a point away at Spurs. We have the attacking quality, I'm just accepting the fact they aren't quite ready yet, but in a few weeks I want to see us playing some wonderful football, because we did last season, just not consistantly.

We won't win every game, we'll lose a few, but we just want to see some semblance of attacking virtues in those games, once everyone's settled and fitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.