totally underwhelmed

chesterguy said:
Crabbers said:
Whilst I'm happy with the point- I do share some concerns about the "balls" that we don't show in big games.

We won't win anything playing so slowly and negatively. We need mire impetus, more guile, more balls.

Chelsea WW
Liverpool DD
United LL
Arsenal WD

Not bad for big games

Yeh but look at the games under mancini...And the two recent spurs games should be included in the big games. United and arsenal at the end of last season, were there for the taking and we didn't go for it. We seem too happy to play for the draw.

The one game we did go for it was Chelsea away and look what happened there.

I'm not a Mancini hater, just frustrated with the style of play in certain matches. I think were better than the way we set up.

You also have to bear in mind that for many teams, playing us will be their cup final. They will all give 100% in the hope that they can say they've beaten 'Moneybags Man City.' Look at the rags, they way they reacted you'd have thought they'd won the FA Cup/League Cup/World Cup, Premier League and Champions League all in one last season.

We're a very very big scalp now - there will be no easy games for us, either this season or the many seasons to come.

I'm not a massive fan of negative football, but if that's what it takes then fair do's and yesterday it was obvious the Arry wouldn't let us settle and would choose to hit us at a hundred mile per hour, so Bobby got it right yesterday.

Although watching Chelsea on telly I noticed that they tend to get at least three players in the box for each attack and I did find myself wishing that Bobby would take one or two chains off our forwards and midfielders and give the oppositions defenders something to worry about.

Crabbers said:
chesterguy said:
Chelsea WW
Liverpool DD
United LL
Arsenal WD

Not bad for big games

Yeh but look at the games under mancini...And the two recent spurs games should be included in the big games. United and arsenal at the end of last season, were there for the taking and we didn't go for it. We seem too happy to play for the draw.

The one game we did go for it was Chelsea away and look what happened there.

I'm not a Mancini hater, just frustrated with the style of play in certain mathes. I think were better than the way we set up.

Its like we didnt win so let us blame Mancinis tactics, how about, thank Mancini for his tactics otherwise we might have lost or needed to score a couple og goals just to get a point,.

It to easy to blame Mancini.

I say i rather have a balanced and well orginized defence and get away with a point on a bad day than lose.

fathellensbellend said:
regardless of the influx of new players, bonding etc, i cannot help but feel mancini again yesterday served up more of his anti football and without the brilliance of joe hart his negativity would once again have been exposed.

to my mind thats 7 games out of 8 against top sides under mancini tenure where we have barely mustered a shot. everton home and away last season, liverpool at home, arsenal away, utd at home. and now spurs at home and away. (the exception chelsea away)

in a sport that is results driven, it's just such a turn off, you work all week, spend a small fortune on tickets and travel and the manager cannot even be arsed to commit any players forward.

i suppose in the context of the league a 0-0 at spurs is a bloody good result, but the method and the style just doesn't appeal to me one bit.

i expect to get shot down in flames, but it's a forum and it's my view, and i want to see city trying to win games, not stifle the life out of them, and that has become a regular trend under mancini against the top sides.

We would have got slaughtered yesterday if we had gone for it..Bob went there not to lose and we didnt so job done..It might not be pretty but neither are all of Chelsea's Arsenal's,Red dippers and the scum games...

As long as we win the Home games(or at minimum draw the real tough ones) and win the winnable away games and try to nick sommat at the tough aways then weve done well..
Last term we were 2nd to chelsea in games lost and I really think we can improve on that...

Chin up lad.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:25 am --<br /><br />
bluevengence said:
Ask any rag,arse,blue or red dipper fan if they would be happy with a point away at tott on the first day of the season......i bet they would all say yes

spot on..

i don't know what the fuck you guys want. All out attack that got us nowhere under Hughes, and a pasting at WHL last year. You can't win every game especially the first game of the season with new players and obviously the scars of last season still on the mind of some people. We were poor first half but much improved in the 2nd and I give Mancini credit for that. Also if we'd have gone gung-ho like you lot asked and lost by that 4 or 5-0 you'd have wanted Mancini's head for it, so really you are just a bunch of hypocrites who are seriously ungrateful for the fact we got a much better result than last season, and if footballing entertainment comes before results for you go somewhere else because Spurs away on the FIRST game of the season is not the place to judge it. And don't give me the "I spent a load of money so deserve to watch Barca-esque performances" because you don't, the team comes first and you chose to pay to go.

and Chelsea played West Fucking Brom at home, so how the fuck does that compare? they lost 3-1 to United last week, so really, against big teams they haven't done that well this season technically, get a grip guys, if we play like that against West Brom then I'd be worried, Spurs away first game after a world cup with new players and not much time, I'm happy.

Was chatting with a Spud last night, when I made the point that we improved after the break, he countered with 'its not hard to go from totally outclassed to slightly above average'.

Fair enough, but with tons and fooking tons of room for improvement, we still walked away from a huge bogey team with a very valuable away point, and (personally) a lot more confidence in the back line. We get the defending right (which has been our achilles heel for far too long) and the goals, the wins will follow.

Quit your bitching.

;)

Although watching Chelsea on telly I noticed that they tend to get at least three players in the box for each attack and I did find myself wishing that Bobby would take one or two chains off our forwards and midfielders and give the oppositions defenders something to worry about.
True. But there's a big difference between playing Spuds away and recently-promoted WBA at home. And Chelsea have just won the double so they're confidence was bound to be sky-high. We, on the other hand, have players that have never experienced the rigours of life in the English Prem.

why would we have got slaughtered if we had gone for it?

some channelled attacking football, could have completely changed the complexion of the game.

i don't expect all out attack, what i do expect is gomez to have to have is kit washed.

i expect dawson and king to be shifted around, to be stretched, and to be turned, not playing in a complete comfort zone.

to win matches you have to ask questions, and the facts remain against the best sides we don't even have any shots on goal, never mind score, under mancini (chelsea 4-2) being the only exception.

there were plenty of positives yesterday, tactically we nullified lennon, whom took us apart last season, yaya is always available and has immense presence, kolo was superb, and defensively in the second half we were in control.

it's the other side that concerns me, the getting men in the box, the willingness to commit bodies in support of the ever dropping deeper tevez, and the bloody great screen we insist on placing in front of our expensively assembled defence.

i think our tactics at times restrict the wonderful players we have at our disposal.

i see another zola in silva, but yesterday he had scraps and no outlets.

the 10 mins of adebayor showed that dawson and king could and should have had an harder afternoon, and with that impact the game opens up for your silva's and wright philips etc, so instead of containing we are in fact asking the questions.

i don't dent its a bloody good point, but it's another toothless attacking display for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.