totally underwhelmed

Is it frowned upon here to want us to attack more? It's great to see all these top players playing for us but I just hope we use them to the best of their ability.

fathellensbellend said:
regardless of the influx of new players, bonding etc, i cannot help but feel mancini again yesterday served up more of his anti football and without the brilliance of joe hart his negativity would once again have been exposed.

to my mind thats 7 games out of 8 against top sides under mancini tenure where we have barely mustered a shot. everton home and away last season, liverpool at home, arsenal away, utd at home. and now spurs at home and away. (the exception chelsea away)

in a sport that is results driven, it's just such a turn off, you work all week, spend a small fortune on tickets and travel and the manager cannot even be arsed to commit any players forward.

i suppose in the context of the league a 0-0 at spurs is a bloody good result, but the method and the style just doesn't appeal to me one bit.

i expect to get shot down in flames, but it's a forum and it's my view, and i want to see city trying to win games, not stifle the life out of them, and that has become a regular trend under mancini against the top sides.

agreed,what else did we expect though? the saving grace was it was the first game with the new players so a bedding in period is only to be expected, mancini himself said it will take a few weeks. therefore i expect a different city to turn out by mid september.

*holds breath* ......not.

Blue Sunshine said:
Is it frowned upon here to want us to attack more? It's great to see all these top players playing for us but I just hope we use them to the best of their ability.

Maybe when they get settled to a new style of football, play a game not 3 days after travelling to the other side of the world and train for at least a month with their brand new teammates you will see them play to their full potential. Even Tevez was shite for his first 3 months for us. Mancini is a top manager and once he recreates the formation and tactics he had at Inter we will see real results.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Blue Sunshine said:

Maybe when they get settled to a new style of football, play a game not 3 days after travelling to the other side of the world and train for at least a month with their brand new teammates you will see them play to their full potential. Even Tevez was shite for his first 3 months for us. Mancini is a top manager and once he recreates the formation and tactics he had at Inter we will see real results.

I'm not basing my comments on the last game but on the last season. I'm very optimistic about the future under Mancini like I have already said in this thread. Last year his tactics were pretty negative though and it was the same pre season and yesterday. I know we'll improve as the team gel but as long as we continue to play 3 defensive minded players (Barry not as much) I don't see where the attacks are going to come from. If our front three get isolated and closed down then we lose our way a bit.

I guess we're lucky to have this problem, In a way it shows how far we've come that we're even having this discusion.

Blue Sunshine said:

I'll admit that it's a continuing worry of mine about Mancini. He was definitely overly defensive in some games last season, but he starts this new season with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. A very tricky opening game against a team that is more or less the same as last season is probably not the best yardstick to judge him by. All things considered a very useful point in a fixture we usually lose against a team that would have beaten the vast majority of Premier League opponents on the day. We definitely need to give Mancini more time to finalize his squad and the team more time to gel before we start to pick holes in his tactics and individual performances.

Blue Sunshine said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:

I'm not basing my comments on the last game but on the last season. I'm very optimistic about the future under Mancini like I have already said in this thread. Last year his tactics were pretty negative though and it was the same pre season and yesterday. I know we'll improve as the team gel but as long as we continue to play 3 defensive minded players (Barry not as much) I don't see where the attacks are going to come from. If our front three get isolated and closed down then we lose our way a bit.

I guess we're lucky to have this problem, In a way it shows how far we've come that we're even having this discusion.
Can you really blame him? i mean our defence was the laughing stock og PL it was pathetic to say at least.

The defence was his main prioirty

the thread has moved on again, and many are linking caution to being successful, again under mancini's city, i have seen nothing to suggest this will be the case.

the truth is all sorts of different teams win trophies, greece in euro 2004, or barcelona of 2 years ago, or inter milan of last season.

comparing hughes's style to mancini's is irrelevent, we have mancini now, so that is all we need to look at.

i wish someone would ask him with the amazing talent at his disposal, all over the pitch, does he feel the need to attack with so few players, and so rarely gets any bodies in the box.

and why when we have spent millions on the defence, have the best 2 goalkeepers in the country do we need to further shield the defence with another 2/3 defensively minded players, especially against top sides.

i will be the 1st to return to this thread if i see an improvement versus liverpool, but it concerns me that when as a paying fan paying top dollar all over the country, the manager has no desire to entertain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.