Tottenham 1 City 3 May 1968

I have the programs for the whole season, I went to every game.
I had all the programmes for that season and the two before. They were all organised in a drawer. I used to buy two programmes so that one was intact after cutting out the voucher (home matches) or removing the front page (away matches) to get cup final tickets.

My mother threw them out when I was away for a spell.

Fantastic on train home City team onboad we were allowed in first class after they had finished dinner, big Mal sat with City chairman Albert Alexander smoking massive cigar.
Thanks for posting makes this FOC happy.
Proper train journeys then!

When I was a student I shared a flat with a Spurs supporter and we went to London for the match, stood on that old long terrace by the side of the pitch. Lost touch in later years till meeting again by chance at the 1981 replay.

I had all the programmes for that season and the two before. They were all organised in a drawer. I used to buy two programmes so that one was intact after cutting out the voucher (home matches) or removing the front page (away matches) to get cup final tickets.

My mother threw them out when I was away for a spell.
What a bugger.

Proper train journeys then!

When I was a student I shared a flat with a Spurs supporter and we went to London for the match, stood on that old long terrace by the side of the pitch. Lost touch in later years till meeting again by chance at the 1981 replay.
There's a great account by a Spurs fan on one of the nostalgia sites

This was his first ever game, and mistakenly, he remembers it as the day when City clinched the title. However, he describes being surrounded by older fans, all wearing sky blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.