Tottenham 1 City 3 May 1968

seem to recall the news showing franny lee penalty in front the city fans who had made the journey

That's brilliant mate.
Any standout memories from the away fixtures?
Games where City took thousands, or maybe where you felt as though you were the only one?
Fulham at Craven Cottage.

A bloody miracle I even made it there. Stood outside newsagents on Timperley station bridge waiting for the coach me and my mate had booked, got suspicious when it was overdue and asked in the shop where it was, they had not rung our booking through to Maine's. Got a refund and persuaded my father to drive us into town to Piccadilly station. There was a strike in progress and no trains running to London from Piccadilly but were informed there was one from Central in about 20 minutes. My father, who had hung around, dropped us at Central and we ended up in London about 30 minutes before kick-off after changing trains at Rugby. After catching the underground we sprinted along the embankment from Putney Bridge and just made it for the kick-off.

The away fans were in the opposite end to where they are today. It was the game where Francis Lee scored his first goal for the club.

Fulham at Craven Cottage.

A bloody miracle I even made it there. Stood outside newsagents on Timperley station bridge waiting for the coach me and my mate had booked, got suspicious when it was overdue and asked in the shop where it was, they had not rung our booking through to Maine's. Got a refund and persuaded my father to drive us into town to Piccadilly station. There was a strike in progress and no trains running to London from Piccadilly but were informed there was one from Central in about 20 minutes. My father, who had hung around, dropped us at Central and we ended up in London about 30 minutes before kick-off after changing trains at Rugby. After catching the underground we sprinted along the embankment from Putney Bridge and just made it for the kick-off.

The away fans were in the opposite end to where they are today. It was the game where Francis Lee scored his first goal for the club.
A 4-2 win missed that but was at Upton Park few weeks later 3-2 win,remember Lee with a great goal volley from outside the box,also on the train back from Euston the City team playing cards great day.

Went to this game I was 15 went with brother and older mates
Colin Bell was magic that day , knew we had to win at a great spurs , bit like last season ,
Remember Tony Book fist pumping on his way off at end to tunnel near where city fans were . More or less saying one more win
Which we did at Newcastle 4-3
Went to all home games and a lot of aways that season including Chelsea on a Tuesday night
71 in September and did over 50 games last season
City till I die

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.