Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

It always amazes me when top players go to turkey, I'm not saying Soldado is because he's been huge flop. He bangs them in in training then is terrible on the pitch. It was such an outrageous fee too, people say Levy is an excellent businessman but he got done like a kipper a few times and that was another

I think if he goes it will be on loan. I can't believe how much the loan system is used these days, never used to be like this

Not 100% sure but think that in Turkey you get tax return or something when investing in sports, so maybe they are able to offer substantial wages to players.

It always amazes me when top players go to turkey, I'm not saying Soldado is because he's been huge flop. He bangs them in in training then is terrible on the pitch. It was such an outrageous fee too, people say Levy is an excellent businessman but he got done like a kipper a few times and that was another

I think if he goes it will be on loan. I can't believe how much the loan system is used these days, never used to be like this

Blame FFP, in the 2000s you'd be getting fees.

For a while we have made odd decisions with captains. King was always injured he got picked. When a declining Keane came back he was picked and his former was so terrible he continued to play because he was captain. When Dawson was picked he was in total decline, it was a joke as again he wasn't dropped because he was captain. Kaboul and Adebayor being vice captain was even more laughable. I think spurs do it on purpose just to wind me up! Lol

At least that should change with Lloris and Kane being your captain and vice this season, probably Spurs' two best players.

Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Spurs transfer front. Is there talk of anyone else coming in? Still need a few players IMO.

At least that should change with Lloris and Kane being your captain and vice this season, probably Spurs' two best players.

Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Spurs transfer front. Is there talk of anyone else coming in? Still need a few players IMO.

There is more talk of Berahino gaining momentum. It probably all depends on the likes of Adebayor leaving. The daft wages will be a stumbling block. I think Adebayor on his day isn't superb player but he chooses who he wants to play for. He showed a lot of desire with redknapp and Sherwood but sod all with MP and AVB. I reckon he would do ok with Sherwood at Villa. He's a clever bloke Ade, he is always in control of what goes on, not much fun for the fans when he's in a strop!!

What have the following teams got in common? Liverpool, Manchester United, Ipswich Town, Watford, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Queens Park Rangers, Everton, West Ham, Arsenal, Norwich City, Aston Villa, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United and Chelsea.

Answer, since the top flight changed from 2 points for a win to 3 points for a win, back in the 1981/82 season, these are the only clubs to finish 12 points or less behind the eventual champions. You'll notice that Tottenham are noticeable by their absence! A fact that surprised me, that's for sure. Not entirely certain, therefore, why people regularly seem to consider Spurs one of the top sides in the division, they have demonstrably been a huge distance away from being title challengers for over 3 decades.

There is more talk of Berahino gaining momentum. It probably all depends on the likes of Adebayor leaving. The daft wages will be a stumbling block. I think Adebayor on his day isn't superb player but he chooses who he wants to play for. He showed a lot of desire with redknapp and Sherwood but sod all with MP and AVB. I reckon he would do ok with Sherwood at Villa. He's a clever bloke Ade, he is always in control of what goes on, not much fun for the fans when he's in a strop!!

berahino would be a good player for yous, i like the approach spurs are taking getting rid of all the overpaid crap and bringing in young players who will care and fight to win, looking forward to seeing how trippier and pritchard get on

What have the following teams got in common? Liverpool, Manchester United, Ipswich Town, Watford, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, Queens Park Rangers, Everton, West Ham, Arsenal, Norwich City, Aston Villa, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United and Chelsea.

Answer, since the top flight changed from 2 points for a win to 3 points for a win, back in the 1981/82 season, these are the only clubs to finish 12 points or less behind the eventual champions. You'll notice that Tottenham are noticeable by their absence! A fact that surprised me, that's for sure. Not entirely certain, therefore, why people regularly seem to consider Spurs one of the top sides in the division, they have demonstrably been a huge distance away from being title challengers for over 3 decades.

Ipswich and Watford but no Spurs!!! That's certainly an interesting one.

Although, I'm sure the smallprint reads "past performance is not an indicator of future performance".

Then again, while Levy is there I can't see it changing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.