Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

it's just his "Oh, I want to pass to that Spurs player, but there's an Arsenal player in the way. Oh well, I'll pass it there anyway. Oh, that Arsenal guy got the ball, never mind, it's not like I'm going to run after him anyway, I haven't even managed a jog since 2011" demeanour that gets me.

His jog is his sprint!! I haven't watched the replay of the goal since, but it reminded me of Craig Burley v United in the FA cup final in the 90's, absolute dog shite. We put out a few average players and it's them who let us down. Both teams were wank either way, it's probably the least enjoyable North London Derby I've seen in many years

I just don't understand Spurs (never really have done) We put out a strange line up v Arsenal for a competition that's winnable, we put our strongish teams in the Europa but when it comes to the business end of the season we will drop them, the FA cup we end up putting out shit players too. All that for chasing a top 6 finish, yet the board/chairman will convince people we are chasing top 4. Realistically we aren't good enough for top 4 so I'm not sure why we don't make a go of it in the cups. When we were dog turd (most of the late nineties/early 2000's) at least we gave it a bloody good go

Anyway, I'm complaining too much, I sound more like Victor Meldrew on this board these days!! At least we haven't got Gary Doherty upfront as a lone striker anymore!!

Crouchy; if you have any influence "down the Lane", can you please try to ensure that Walker, Fazio and Vertonghen are playing tomorrow. Thanks.

Not so much anymore mate, they're ignoring my calls!!

I don't think Fazio will play to be honest but the others will

Something like this. I think he may play Mason over Alli. Lamela will likely start, but get a feeling he'll be cutting in a lot more as he's hit some form. I don't think Davies will start over Rose I'd be surprised. I'd personally like to see Alli start the game, really enjoy watching him play

---------------Lloris-----------

Walker----Toby---Jan---Rose

----------Dier---Mason---------

-------Son------Eriksen----Lamela

---------------Kane---------------

Not so much anymore mate, they're ignoring my calls!!

I don't think Fazio will play to be honest but the others will

Something like this. I think he may play Mason over Alli. Lamela will likely start, but get a feeling he'll be cutting in a lot more as he's hit some form. I don't think Davies will start over Rose I'd be surprised. I'd personally like to see Alli start the game, really enjoy watching him play

---------------Lloris-----------

Walker----Toby---Jan---Rose

----------Dier---Mason---------

-------Son------Eriksen----Lamela

---------------Kane---------------
Well; as Meatloaf once said, "two out of three ain't bad"!

I think we have to credit Tottenham's midfield duo of Deli Alli and Eric Dier today, both English and only 19 and 21 respectively.

I don't think anyone saw Eric Dier oing from promising young central defender becoming to arguably one of the best defensive midfielders in the league this season.

Deli Alli looks a very good prospect as well.

As an England fan I am a little more excited about the future than I was after the World Cup last year.

Fair play to Kane as well, I think he is a quality young striker.

I think we have to credit Tottenham's midfield duo of Deli Alli and Eric Dier today, both English and only 19 and 21 respectively.

I don't think anyone saw Eric Dier oing from promising young central defender becoming to arguably one of the best defensive midfielders in the league this season.

Deli Alli looks a very good prospect as well.

As an England fan I am a little more excited about the future than I was after the World Cup last year.

Fair play to Kane as well, I think he is a quality young striker.

Thanks mate, we played really well in the second half. We could have been easily 2 down if it wasn't for Llrois. Our equalizing goal, the lino was terrible, but equally terrible was the defending, they all stood still waiting for a whistle when they could have closed Dier down, regrouped instead of being statues, and been one up at half time. De Bryune's and Kane's goal were pretty marginal so I can't blame the lino on them occasions

I'm not sure why Hart was on the bench, because I think he would have saved Dier's shot & easily dealt with the headed goal, if Pellegrini was resting him then it was a daft decision. I thought City had the better first half, especially the first half hour, I quite liked Otamendi at the back he was very no nonsense and aggressive, but once he made a small mistake Kane started to get the better of him. I didn't think much of Sterling today, his shooting reminded me of Modric at Spurs where he used to shoot like a 7 year old boy. I thought Alderweireld defended very well against Aguero and limited him to scraps. Yaya and De Bruyne were very good in the first half (not sure anyone agrees)

Dier is doing so well, it's funny how it all works out as he wasn't meant to be there at the start of the season. Lamela (best player on the pitch) almost got loaned out but there were complications about the deal, he seems to be enjoying his football and we're finally seeing what he an do. It's a shame we don't see this too often, as we play a slow predictable game, this is more like the old Spurs. I know City weren't at full strength but I'll take the win! I'm sure normal service will resume when we lose at Swansea! lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.