Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

Anyone see the proposed 61,000 seater stadium plans they released recently? Does anyone think they will fill it? They believe they have a 40,000 waiting list for their lovely season tickets and sell out every game... and are usually the first to chime in with "Emptihad" comments in most discussions regarding City. I thought City were going to do the same thing with regards to allowing NFL matches to be played at the Etihad eventually, has that been scrapped? They've even got plans for hotels and leisure facilities etc for the area which sounds quite familiar, no doubt they'll say we're just copying the genius that is Levy when that gets underway.

It might be a minority but there seems to be a section of Spurs fans(worst culprit I've come across is a commenter name of "Leigh" on sky sports if any of you read articles there) bitter at City for knocking them out of the top 4 spot after they had that one good season in the CL(the usual "ruining football"... "Embarrassing the BPL in Europe" talk like they think they would do better against Bayern and Barca? I say Napoli and BVB would have demolished them at the time we played them even with Bale and Modric), they only just clinched that spot from City anyway so we were already over taking them as a club at that time. It's a while off but I say we should have a red pen handy for that first season in their new stadium.

Does anyone think a bigger stadium creates a perception they are a bigger club from the outside? It seems like they've tried to one up Arsenal by having a bigger stadium but I don't see it having the desired effect.

I posed the question a few pages back whether 36,000 to 61,000 was too big a jump in one step? Spurs are a very big club but from what I understand getting a membership card automatically puts you on their Waiting List? I think we have about 30-40,000 non season ticket holders a season who attend matches (home areas obviously!) but couldn't hope to sellout much above 60,000 even now with our current success and 53,000+ average gates. I can see Spurs filling it the first season due to novelty value but struggling thereafter. The fact it's 61k is clearly aimed at Arsenal.

They will sell out there premier games no problem but Europa and cup games they won't to lesser sides but who cares like us if you have an extra 7k turning up in the premier games it's worth it

They will sell out there premier games no problem but Europa and cup games they won't to lesser sides but who cares like us if you have an extra 7k turning up in the premier games it's worth it

They need an extra 25k to turn up for every PL game though and they're not selling out most of their PL games now.

I posed the question a few pages back whether 36,000 to 61,000 was too big a jump in one step? Spurs are a very big club but from what I understand getting a membership card automatically puts you on their Waiting List? I think we have about 30-40,000 non season ticket holders a season who attend matches (home areas obviously!) but couldn't hope to sellout much above 60,000 even now with our current success and 53,000+ average gates. I can see Spurs filling it the first season due to novelty value but struggling thereafter. The fact it's 61k is clearly aimed at Arsenal.

Very difficult to say, we have a huge fanbase and a few years ago was in the top 4 average attendances in the history of English football. Saying that though, there are empty seats appearing the last couple of seasons (seems that way across all the league) even in the Gross days when I used to go it was packed out. I don't know how they can justify having the second or third highest ticket prices in the league when our form over the years doesn't justify it. I'm sure the Catergory A and B games can sell out but the shitty ones will be harder to fill, especially if the prices aren't going to drop. They do get all sling on the waiting list too but I'm sure there are thousands who cannot afford a season ticket which is close to a grand. As long as Levy is making huge profits he won't care an awful lot.

How did the Spurs board get overtaken with people arguing about the Hammers? :D

Big game on the next, I can't see anything but a City victory, but one thing is for sure it's always an entertaining game

Very difficult to say, we have a huge fanbase and a few years ago was in the top 4 average attendances in the history of English football. Saying that though, there are empty seats appearing the last couple of seasons (seems that way across all the league) even in the Gross days when I used to go it was packed out. I don't know how they can justify having the second or third highest ticket prices in the league when our form over the years doesn't justify it. I'm sure the Catergory A and B games can sell out but the shitty ones will be harder to fill, especially if the prices aren't going to drop. They do get all sling on the waiting list too but I'm sure there are thousands who cannot afford a season ticket which is close to a grand. As long as Levy is making huge profits he won't care an awful lot.

How did the Spurs board get overtaken with people arguing about the Hammers? :D

Big game on the next, I can't see anything but a City victory, but one thing is for sure it's always an entertaining game

Interesting that you find it entertaining, too ;-)

Fazio cracked me up last night so anything does these days with Spurs!!!

it's just his "Oh, I want to pass to that Spurs player, but there's an Arsenal player in the way. Oh well, I'll pass it there anyway. Oh, that Arsenal guy got the ball, never mind, it's not like I'm going to run after him anyway, I haven't even managed a jog since 2011" demeanour that gets me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.