Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

Hate to say it, but I think Spurs may even have a better stadium than us when all said and done, ours is a rather clunky growth at the minute, whilst they get a brand new swish stadium with cool features like a retractable pitch, particularly if they do get a 1 tier end, I think it will be far ahead of ours despite the expansion.

What exactly do you mean by rather clunky, it's one of the best grounds in Europe. As for spuds getting a 1 tier stand never going to happen.

That's fair comment, although it won't involve the same geographical dislocation as with other such moves which may attenuate any reduction in atmosphere.

True, but I wonder sometimes with a new stadium if prices go up a little, and there's renewed enthusiasm for families to attend with nice new facilities - which alters the dynamic too. That's always been my theory more than the physical location. It's probably a whole mix of things in the end, but The Emirates is only a stone's throw from Highbury and that was affected too (imo).
Hopefully, the atmosphere at Spurs will decline due to lack of funds on the pitch and dire performances!

Can't stand Spurs or their fans.

Relaxing the FFP rules will just mean the carbon circle clubs will open up their large wallets and pull further ahead. It's no coincidence that clubs like PSG and City are rowing in behind these latest changes. Maybe as Neymar says Utd would have been favourites to win more often than not if Chelsea and later City had not been finically supported to the extent they have , but IMO this is way more palatable to having two smaller clubs skip the queue and give everyone else the finger on the way past.

True, but I wonder sometimes with a new stadium if prices go up a little, and there's renewed enthusiasm for families to attend with nice new facilities - which alters the dynamic too. That's always been my theory more than the physical location. It's probably a whole mix of things in the end, but The Emirates is only a stone's throw from Highbury and that was affected too (imo).
Hopefully, the atmosphere at Spurs will decline due to lack of funds on the pitch and dire performances!
Don't forget it used to be called the 'Highbury Library'!

You make some good points about the dynamics, although it's right to say there's been a general decline in atmospheres during the new stadium era (last 15 years[?]) in any event.

That's quite tame for them.

I noticed that on Glory-Glory our ground is sometimes referred to as the Crudihad. Possibly the unfunniest play on words I have ever come across.

I honestly don't know where they get the idea that they were a bigger club. Before the takeover they were on a par with us. Since then we've left them way behind.

So jealous about Spurs' giant kop style tier behind the goal. Looks absolute quality.

Given our vast resources, it's a shame we couldn't make something like that a reality in the North or South Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.