Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

there was a proposal to do one giant terrace combining 2nd and 3rd tiers for the South Stand - club chose to keep three separate tiers
alternateplan.jpg

I honestly don't know where they get the idea that they were a bigger club. Before the takeover they were on a par with us. Since then we've left them way behind.

Based on my dealings with them, they believed that...
....they had lots more fans than us
....we had no history / not won much (last title in '61)
....no high quality players had played for our club
....they have a reputation for great football and that our reputation was one of being shit
....we were not well known
....we were a small club as we played in League 2

Based on my dealings with them, they believed that...
....they had lots more fans than us
....we had no history / not won much (last title in '61)
....no high quality players had played for our club
....they have a reputation for great football and that our reputation was one of being shit
....we were not well known
....we were a small club as we played in League 2

All fans are guilty of seeing their own club as bigger than it really is, but Spurs fans are worse than anyone. Apart from the odd cup they've had nothing meaningful to boast about for a long time.

All fans are guilty of seeing their own club as bigger than it really is, but Spurs fans are worse than anyone. Apart from the odd cup they've had nothing meaningful to boast about for a long time.

That's a kind of way of putting it. My reasoning is that the majority of Spurs fans are 2@ts. :)

I think you're right about them being deluded. I would also add that they are bitter to the core. They are bitter of the success and fortune of several clubs.

Don't forget it used to be called the 'Highbury Library'!

You make some good points about the dynamics, although it's right to say there's been a general decline in atmospheres during the new stadium era (last 15 years[?]) in any event.
Don't you think this maybe down to the dynamic of the typical football fan changing?

Families have always attended football matches, but when I think about some of those special Maine Road days the atmosphere was driven some proper hard, knuckle draggers who vented all their emotions at the fortnightly pilgrimage to God's own club and who paid no mind to the attending kids and women. Nowadays can you imagine the reaction we'd get to a rousing chorus of 'You're gonna get your fucking heads kicked in' to opposition fans?

Whether it was just banter or not, the police, the stewards, hell even the minister for sport and tourism would get involved. The things that were overlooked years ago would get you hooked out of the stadium for sexism, rascism and homophobia in today's more enlightened world and although its perfectly correct, I suppose part of the atmosphere being lost is an uninteded consequence.

Also cost is a major factor. Many of the lads I used to go to matches with just drifted away from being regular attendees when the responsibilty of work and family came along. Many who used to sing and chanty their hearts out can no longer afford to attend on a regular basis which has also contributed to the changing demographic of today's football fan. Ultimately I'm cool with today's football because the world moves on and when it does, change and evolution is inevitable.

We should possibly create a new forum for all the standard and new songs and chants so the recent addition of day-trippers can be catrered for? :-)

there was a proposal to do one giant terrace combining 2nd and 3rd tiers for the South Stand - club chose to keep three separate tiers
alternateplan.jpg
''still an option for the north stand'', could the lower tier be raised to join the 2nd tier? only problem i could see is that the first row would not meet the pitch it would be to high but it could come to rest on a full row of corp boxes at ground level this would leave us with a complete one level end for safe standing and singing,a bit like Dortmunds

Check out the final pic:

Giant single goal end tier, with a low roof, and they even have some kind of contraption hanging from the roof to further keep the noise in and direct it out towards the pitch.

Really jealous, to be honest. Looks absolutely quality.

Money is no object for us, so it's a shame we didn't really push the boat out and do something similar. But I suppose it's easier to build it from scratch like Spurs are doing.

They have been Champions twice - in 1951 and '61 - which was the same number as us before the takeover.

Deluded twats!

don't like it, it looks shit, like a dinghy from above - and whats with the cr*ppy towers next door

and you can see its going to be an absolute nightmare to get in and out being hemmed in on all sides by houses, shops and units - typical London ground

''still an option for the north stand'', could the lower tier be raised to join the 2nd tier? only problem i could see is that the first row would not meet the pitch it would be to high but it could come to rest on a full row of corp boxes at ground level this would leave us with a complete one level end for safe standing and singing,a bit like Dortmunds
can't see that ever working - you can't lift the first tier at the end as you'll block the view of people in the corners and at the second tier you'd have to step it backwards, breaking that second tier frontage - so a combined 2nd/3rd tier end is the best you're going to get I think in the North Stand if they tried it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.