Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

breezed past Leicester with a second string proving they have a good enough squad to cope with the added games they've got from being in 3 competitions. With the way we and Arsenal are dropping points you can't discount Spurs for the title, very very consistent. I genuinely think Pochettino is the best manager in the country. There's no real superstars in that spurs side, especially compared to what they've had in the recent past but the manager has got every single player playing at and beyond their potential and they all know their roles in the side. They play good football at a good fast intensity, If they keep him and their better players and add in the summer they'll be a match for anybody. I do however think Pochettino will end up at Madrid/Barca sooner rather than later though, I just hope the rags don't go for him beforehand as he could be exactly what they need to get back in amongst the trophies.

breezed past Leicester with a second string proving they have a good enough squad to cope with the added games they've got from being in 3 competitions. With the way we and Arsenal are dropping points you can't discount Spurs for the title, very very consistent. I genuinely think Pochettino is the best manager in the country. There's no real superstars in that spurs side, especially compared to what they've had in the recent past but the manager has got every single player playing at and beyond their potential and they all know their roles in the side. They play good football at a good fast intensity, If they keep him and their better players and add in the summer they'll be a match for anybody. I do however think Pochettino will end up at Madrid/Barca sooner rather than later though, I just hope the rags don't go for him beforehand as he could be exactly what they need to get back in amongst the trophies.

I must admit I really like Pochettino.

I think if he can get the correct additions in the summer and get those current players fighting even harder than this season then I reckon they have just as much a chance of winning the league than anybody else.

Like you said they don't have any superstars, albeit there are one or two there like Kane and Alli who I think could just be on their way to becoming so.

I have a feeling Spurs may gamble with what they have at the moment and do what they need to do in the summer. Kane needs back up but they risk overpaying for a player that may not necessarily improve them as there isn't that much quality available at the moment, and also possibly ruin some of the team chemistry.

If they finish top 4 - which I think they will regardless of any signings this month - then they will have not only attract better players but also have a bigger pond to fish in.

I must admit I really like Pochettino.

I think if he can get the correct additions in the summer and get those current players fighting even harder than this season then I reckon they have just as much a chance of winning the league than anybody else.

Like you said they don't have any superstars, albeit there are one or two there like Kane and Alli who I think could just be on their way to becoming so.

I have a feeling Spurs may gamble with what they have at the moment and do what they need to do in the summer. Kane needs back up but they risk overpaying for a player that may not necessarily improve them as there isn't that much quality available at the moment, and also possibly ruin some of the team chemistry.

If they finish top 4 - which I think they will regardless of any signings this month - then they will have not only attract better players but also have a bigger pond to fish in.

I think they'll finish top 4 too, at Leicester's expense with United scrapping 4th. That should be enough for them to fend off any interest in their players and manager, and as you say, they'll find it a lot easier to attract the players in the next bracket once they do that. They're a wealthy club that will have a shed load of money coming in from the champions league and new tv deals so they'll have plenty to spend. if they can use the money, champions league and being in London to go out and attract 1-2 genuine top quality players and then fill out their squad, particularly upfront, they'll be well set to finally become a team that can establish themselves as genuine yearly challengers and not just Europa league regulars.

Having said all that, if they lose Pochettino they will probably end up at square one again, I believe he's that good.

They appear to have created an excellent balance throughout their squad,they have a mixture of youth and experience along with ability and industry,players from previous regimes who were struggling to make an impact have also come good.They have made some very astute signings and they have a seemingly excellent production line......there appears to be a real feel good factor flowing through their club and under the stewardship of a very savvy and talented manager in Pochettino they are becoming a genuine threat to our trophy ambitions.

Really hope they break into the top four, though think a title chase is outside their reach, too many draws but for the first time in a while they appear to be a team rather than a disorganised mess or one man show.

Spurs have been here before on a few occasions, hope they make top 4 at expense of the rags, but I'm gonna hold fire before I start blowing smoke up their arises.

If Pelligrini goes I hope we move heaven and earth to get him. He is the best young manager in the sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.