Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

In Pochettino, Spurs have one of the very best managers in the league. I would probably say Pochettino and Klopp are the two best in the league. I still think Pochettino is really under-rated and getting Spurs into the top four would start getting him the recognition he deserves. I'd be delighted if he came here, if Guardiola didn't come for whatever reason. His faith in youth in great to see, it's quite rare in the modern game. The job Pochettino doing at Spurs is absolutely brilliant, he's signed players for small fees or promoted them from the youth system and they're ripping up the league. Kane (youth), Alli (£5m), Alderweireld (£11.5m) and Dier (£4m) have all been excellent this season. The pressing and work-rate Pochettino gets out of his team every week is a joy to watch.

Spurs will almost definitely finish in the top four IMO, I actually think they'll finish third behind us and Arsenal. If they keep everybody, plus add a few, Spurs will be title contenders next season. Great young team.

There was a stat on a rag site about spurs
I don't know if it is true but if it is it is one of the funniest things I have seen in years and it puts the delusions of spurs into perspective.

"the current season Leicester City have been top of the premiership for 33 days that is more than spurs since 1992"

There was a stat on a rag site about spurs
I don't know if it is true but if it is it is one of the funniest things I have seen in years and it puts the delusions of spurs into perspective.

"the current season Leicester City have been top of the premiership for 33 days that is more than spurs since 1992"
I bet that's where boiled bollock got it from as he mentioned it on talkshite yesterday.

This season 13/14 Liverpool?

I still think they need back-up to Kane to really push for the title.

What you have to credit this Spurs team for us that unlike Liverpool in 13/14, Tottenham have had to cope with the Europa League.

This Spurs side is more balanced whilst that Liverpool side was goals galore, which in the long run alllowed then to challenge but it was their defence that cost them in the end. Tottenham arguably have the best defence in the league yet still score a decent amount of goals.

If Spurs can get another top striker they will definitely challenge for me.

Liverpool had Suarez and Sturridge to rely on in 13/14, Spurs just have Kane.

You argue the same about us because for me we only have Aguero that we can really rely on to score us goals.

In Pochettino, Spurs have one of the very best managers in the league. I would probably say Pochettino and Klopp are the two best in the league. I still think Pochettino is really under-rated and getting Spurs into the top four would start getting him the recognition he deserves. I'd be delighted if he came here, if Guardiola didn't come for whatever reason. His faith in youth in great to see, it's quite rare in the modern game. The job Pochettino doing at Spurs is absolutely brilliant, he's signed players for small fees or promoted them from the youth system and they're ripping up the league. Kane (youth), Alli (£5m), Alderweireld (£11.5m) and Dier (£4m) have all been excellent this season. The pressing and work-rate Pochettino gets out of his team every week is a joy to watch.

Spurs will almost definitely finish in the top four IMO, I actually think they'll finish third behind us and Arsenal. If they keep everybody, plus add a few, Spurs will be title contenders next season. Great young team.
I agree with you about Pochetino and Sopurs in the top 4 but Iam I the only one who thinks Klopp is overrated? Time will tell i suppose but he is far from consistent I would say and I think he'll get caught out in the premier League where there are lots of top teams competing!

Spurs have been very fortunate that Kane has remained fit. The back-ups are not really strikers. Certainly not the types of players who can play the role Kane does.

A lot of things have gone Spurs' way this season. Even during the festive period, they were handed two penalties and a sending-off. Saying that, they do look very solid.

Spurs have been very fortunate that Kane has remained fit. The back-ups are not really strikers. Certainly not the types of players who can play the role Kane does.

A lot of things have gone Spurs' way this season. Even during the festive period, they were handed two penalties and a sending-off. Saying that, they do look very solid.

You're being very benevolent to the Spuds. Are you sure you're OK ? ;-)

You're being very benevolent to the Spuds. Are you sure you're OK ? ;-)

I'm not sure what has come over me. I did speak to a Spurs fan today who I like a lot and I am on a promise from the missus. That may explain it ;)

Seriously though, anything else would be disingenuous. Saying that, I will be the first on this thread giving it plenty as soon as the opportunity arises :)

Not got bad fixtures left. We can't dismiss these at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.